Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Looking for Yule Log Recipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christine F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Looking for Yule Log Recipe Reply with quote

I've lurked in these forums for a while, and I've found lots of good recipes, so I thought I'd ask about this. It's past Christmas, but I am looking for a good recipe to make a Yule Log for next year. I've looked around but haven't found one that I think I would actually make. Thanks for any help.
georgia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine, each year I use the yule log recipe from Jacques Pepin's "The Art of Cooking" cookbook with great success. It's a pretty old book, but I think it's still in print. He has his own website with a yule log recipe on it, too, but that one seems rather more complicated to me.

At any rate, his recipe that I use is quite simple and endlessly variable. The jelly roll cake is easy to make and has never failed me. He provides a chocolate buttercream filling recipe, which I don't use, preferring to roll the cake with a seedless raspberry jam. He also lists an excellent chocolate ganache for the frosting. I like using the jam instead of a buttercream because I think it's lighter after a big holiday meal, but a chocolate or mocha cream filling would be delicious.

If you are interested, I'll post the Jacques Pepin recipe in the Recipe Box. I hope that giving him full credit would avoid any issues of copyright, etc.

By the way, your ability to plan ahead is impressive!
Christine F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

If you can post it, that would be great. I will have a look for that book though, it sounds really good. Thanks for your help.

It's not that I'm that organized, it's more that I'm disappointed I didn't find a good recipe in time this year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: