Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Milan! Where to shop, where to eat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Milan! Where to shop, where to eat? Reply with quote

So I've just decided to spent next weekend (17-19 november) in Milan...all tips of where to eat, drink, shop are very welcome- where is the coffee even better than next door? the icecream? What not to miss?
One thing I know already: shopping for goodies at Peck's!
swan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Italy-lovers here? Guys, your advise is always sooooo good...Smile. Help!
simona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Swan, long time no hear.
Milan isn't my favourite city, but two days are not too hard to spend.
Interesting things, as far as I know, are concentrated around the Duomo:
- the Duomo itself, maybe a look on the Scala, or if possible, a visit inside the famous building.
- the Galleria with its impossibly expensive shops which are , in my opinion , like walking through a museum. The same I would say about the Via Monte Napoleone street, where designer after designer have their shop : it's about 300-400 m of an open art museum, you don't even have to enter the shops: the display in the windows are art in itself. And as art goes, it's unattainable, at least for me. Nice coffe shop somewhere in the middle of the street. Expensive coffee, but it's the only thing affordable over there. The St. Babila place is nice and very "alive"
You can begin from the Manzoni station, down the via Monte NApoleone, St/ Babila, continue on via Vittorio Emanuele to the duomo. But do it on Saturday morning, before the shops close. Leave any museums ( Brera Picture Gallery is fabulous) for Sunday.
As for food: I don't know any nice, affordable or interesting restaurants as we always stay with friends who cook too good to go to a restaurant.but Gelatto is good nearly everywhere.
Have a nice weekend
simona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. For some more affordable shopping, the Rinascente in the Dumo Plaza might be considered. Nice "women" floor department for those who don't look like Caludia Shiffer.
swan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Simona!

I'll copy your advise and bring it with me, and am looking forward to wonderful coffee and icecream.

-x-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: