Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Chez Panisse Gingersnaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Chez Panisse Gingersnaps Reply with quote

Sunday we met with friends out at Marshall, on Tomales Bay in Marin County for an Oyster Fest! It is a biennial ritual with good friends and brilliant food. Everyone likes to eat and drink WELL, so there's always a spread - plus the raw oysters we gleefully consume.

This time I took dessert and because everything is usually quite rich, I wanted something simple and light. I decided to make the Chez Panisse gingersnaps.

I was very surprised, upon reading the recipe, to see only 2 1/2 teaspoons of dried ginger. Being a Chez Panisse recipe, I was expecting fresh or candied ginger also - for a real POP!

Usually I don't mess about with recipes the first time I make them. But I love really GINGER-Y gingersnaps, so I added about 2 Tbsp. fresh finely grated ginger and 2 teaspoons candied ginger, minced finely. I was a tad worried I might have overdone it (who am I to try to improve on Alice's creations??) but the consensus was that they were quite tasty and not too sharp. (I am really only reporting the facts, not bragging. Cool)

This is a really easy recipe and a good thing to have in the freezer, I think. I used about 2/3 of the loaf of dough to make 4 dozen cookies. Now I have the remaining portion in the freezer for the next time I need something simple but yummy. I stored the leftover cookies in a ziplock bag and they were still crisp 3 days later. I can't report on the fourth day - because they're all gone!Laughing Laughing
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna- It sounds like a sensation event. But the recipe's missing!
Donna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that the Chez Panisse Gingersnap recipe is in the C&Z Recipe Index. Someone who was trying out for a pastry job at Chez Panisse asked for and received the recipe - and gave it to Clotilde!

Our oyster fest IS a sensational event! Maybe you can come up for the next one, Rainey!
Donna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, third time's the charm, right? Here's a link to the recipe for Chez Panisse Gingersnaps:

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2005/02/chez_panisse_gingersnaps.php

Embarassed Sorry about that! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: