Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Taxi or shuttle to CDG airport ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randysea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Taxi or shuttle to CDG airport ? Reply with quote

I'm normally quite happy with the Paris par Train or Cars Air France, but this time will have two large pieces of luggage for my return to CDG airport. I want to take a taxi or car service/private shuttle from my apartment in the Marais. There must be 50 different companies advertising, all with a price of around 75 euros for one person (they don't ever say if a tip is extra).

Does anyone have experience with any companies that they can say are reliable and possibly cheaper than 70 euros for a private trip? I might add that I'll be traveling on a Saturday, late morning flight.
ekayke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: taxi/shuttle Reply with quote

hi,

i just returned from paris where i took a shuttle from and a taxi to the airport. i used paris blue shuttle (http://www.paris-blue-airport-shuttle.fr/index_en.php). It's only about 25 or 30 euros for one person, less for groups of more than one person. you can reserve online and i found them reliable and friendly.

we took a taxi from montmartre to cdg and it cost 40 euros. the marais is farther from the airport than montmartre, so it might cost you 50 euros or so. i would highly recommend scheduling the taxi in advance. we waited until the morning of our flight to have our hotel call one, and they couldn't get through by phone. we ended up having to wait in line for about 30 minutes at a taxi stand, stressed, as you might imagine.

good luck (and have fun in paris)!
kay
Randysea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try the blue private shuttle. I'm a bit wary of taxis if I'm truly rushed. My taxi stand isn't close enough, and calling a taxi for the airport virtually guarantees a meter starting at 10 euros or more. They start the meter when they are dispatched, at least this is what my French friends say happens on airport runs because they know you don't have time to argue.

Taxi story: I arrived at gare de Lyon and took a taxi to my apt in the Marais. The driver assured me he knew where my street was. In addition, I gave him directions. Then he started fussing with his GPS, said he couldn't find my street, and suddenly we're crossing to the Left Bank. I insisted he go back to the Right Bank. He missed the first bridge back and took me on a loop.

At my apt, the meter read 10,40 euros. I told him he had two choices. I'd pay the 10,40 but he'd have to give me a receipt and I'd file a complaint with the police. Or, I'd give him half (approx. the correct amount) and we'd be quits. He thought for a few seconds and chose the half.

But don't try this in English or if you are obviously in a rush and leaving the country.
pistache

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In April we were staying near the Arc de Triomphe.... The Air France buses stop regularly there next to the Etoile metro station.. 24 euros the trip to CDG as I remember....
Randysea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Air France buses are great, as long as it isn't rush hour. I took one from Paris during a rail strike. If you stay in the Marais, as I do, there is an Air France bus to the gare de Lyon, also. With all my luggage (confitures and pastry equipment), I'd still need to take a taxi from my apt.

A nice thing about the bus, as opposed to the Paris par Train (best during rush hour or with not too much luggage), is that the CDG bus stop at Terminal 1 is right at the door where you exit customs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: