Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Most useless or least used kitchen gadget
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love a falafel chucker! Knifethrower, have you ever seen one of these in stores? It's a new idea to me, but it sounds like a fun group activity, or at least individual activity with group nearby (usually the case anyhow).

I use my spoonrest every day and I love it.

My least used gadget is my cuisinart food processor. I either chop everything by hand, or use one of my favorite gadgets, the cuisinart immersion blender. Works for soup and hummus alike and it's so much simpler. The food processor is too ugly and takes up so much space!
swan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lukas, the 'thing'is a dutch invention - or at least - it's used in the Netherlands to get the last bits of yoghurt or 'vla'(a custard-type desert) out of a glass bottle...it's called a bottle-scraper and came up in a thread about foody gifts from Holland, I happily quote CP:

Quote:
One other fun gift for foodies that you'll probably never see outside of Holland is the flessenschraper. This is a plastic rod with a half moon rubber spatula affixed to the end which is used to scrape the last bit of sauce out of a jar. I was going to take a picture of mine and post it to my blog to show you what I mean, but funny enough Wikipedia has already done the work for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottle_scraper

It isn't used that much anymore because most or vla and yoghurt nowadays comes in plastic.
Celia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new here and enjoying this immensely. I hadn't thought about what gadgets I don't use. However, I'd have to go with the plastic hand juicer that came free with my mini food processor. Using it seemed to take more effort not less. I can't imagine why I still have it!

Celia
kitchensqueen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate my food processor! I got it because I was young, and thought "everyone has to have a food processor". But then I realized I loved to cook, and cooking is about using your hands, not watching some machine mangle your food for you. Needless to say, my favorite tool is my chef's knife. Smile The only reason I still have the stupid food processor is because I've reinvented it's life purpose and now use it to shred castille soap to make my own hand-milled soaps. I think if feels better about itself in it's new life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: