Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Bonjour from France
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistache

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Bonjour from France Reply with quote

Good morning everybody. I just joined the site this morning after reading Clotilde's "cardonade flamande" recipe in the latest edition of Régal magazine.

I have been spending a pleasant time looking around the site and I am looking forward to joining in many foodie discussions with you all.

I have lived in the South of France for 25 years now, and I used to run a country inn in the moutains behind Nice. I am blessed to live in a part of the world where I can lay my hands on wonderful produce, and please feel free to ask me about any aspects of provençal and niçoise cooking...

A bientôt.... Very Happy
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pistache!
I'm pleased that the carbonades recipe brought you here. Welcome, and what a great name you've chosen!
Clotilde.
pistache

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many for thanks for your welcome ! Very Happy I get the feeling I am going to like it here ! I noticed that I just made my first spelling mistake ! (should have been carbonade ! )..

From that same issue of Régal a friend and I made the "petites crèmes au potimarron, aux spéculoos et à la noix de pécan". These were a great success...

It is OK to post copies of recipes taken from magazines ? or are there copyright issues ?
Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Pistache... hmm, there's a Sagan novel in there somewhere...!

Perhaps Clotilde's first novel will be Bonjour Pistache... Smile

Keep talking about the mountains, the provencal cooking and the nicoise... and I will try not to drool on my keyboard... ahem!
Chicago Bear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Pistache, I am a huge fan of Provence, and go back every chance I get. Unfortunately, I have only had one chance in the last ten years but I made it count. We have a new restaurant here in Chicago, called Socca, and I'm hoping that it lives up to its goal--which is to present fine Nicoise dining here on the banks of Lake Michigan. Here's what the restaurant review says about their offerings:
Sooca's menu features appetizers like steamed mussels with garlic, white wine, tomato confit, lemon and herbs; individual-sized thin crust pizzas like the bianco (white), with asiago, fontina, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses layered over garlic oil; plus bistro classics like the pan-roasted hanger steak with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites. The namesake pancake does get menu play -- seasonal choices might include braised lamb with Provencal vegetables or grilled shrimp with shaved fennel.
So, it could be good, right? At least until my next trip to Provence.
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin -- Love the title idea! Indeed, it's enough to inspire a novel, or a short story at the very least.
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Pistache. I'm a fan of Provence also. I spend a wonderful two weeks there a fews years ago but look forward to visiting again someday.
pistache

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a nice restaurant Chigago Bear. Socca is one of my very favourite street foods... eaten hot on a paper plate whilst wandering around the tiny back streets of the old town of Nice. It is cooked in huge iron pans over embers and scraped off once it is browned and bubbly, sprinkled with lots of pepper, and served with a glass of rosé wine http://www.cote.azur.fr/recette_socca-nicoise-au-four_2_lang_en.htm
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Clotilde,

Perhaps when your cookbook is finished! You have such a wonderful written style and write so well, it would be a great story. I am already waiting for your cookbook...!

But first I am trying to get a book my mother read to us as children. It was called, Theodore, or the mouse who wanted a frying pan, by William Papas. I always thought it was called Theodore's Hotdog!

But it's ok, your book won't be out for a while yet. By then I hope I will be an assistant curator at last, have dealt with my overdraft Embarassed and will be buying your book and freely recommending it to anyone who will listen!!
David

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Pistache! and I love your atavar! Add me to the list of fans of Provence--well the South of France entirely---have had some most memorable times there--you are lucky indeed!
gisele

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you pistache!!!

I also love your name!

I'm starting to think about places to visit on my OE and south of france is a definite! Actually, all of france is, but so many people have told me about the south that I think we will spend a fair amount of time there Very Happy
AZCook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pistache,

How nice to see your post!
Although I joined this mb a while back, I've only posted a few times, but never thought to introduce myself!! What a nice idea!

And you live in an absolutely wonderful part of the world! But you know that, you Mediterranean thing, you!

See you around!

Odette
pistache

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCook wrote:
Hi Pistache,

How nice to see your post!
Although I joined this mb a while back, I've only posted a few times, but never thought to introduce myself!! What a nice idea!

And you live in an absolutely wonderful part of the world! But you know that, you Mediterranean thing, you!

See you around!

Odette

Merci Odette ! Hope to see you around Laughing And I look forward to reading about some specialities from Arizona !
JustMe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bienvenue, Pistache.

I come and I go; sometimes I have more times than others. When I have been away from this forum for a long time it's wonderful to come back & see that everyone is still there.

Heather
Alice B.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bonjour from France Reply with quote

Hello Pistache

I would like to plan a trip to Paris and to the south of France. I would like to take a short-term pastry and culinary workshop that is not very touristy and preferably with "home cooks" - not with restaurant chefs.

Do you have any suggestions or contacts that I may contact?

Merci,
Alice B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: