Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

"It takes a long time to become young"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: "It takes a long time to become young" Reply with quote

thank you Mr Picasso for that...

the perils of translation thread mooched to both chick lit to mommy lit to granny lit.....and a discussion of age....

Judy joyously and wisely keeps us in check.....she has started a chick lit etc thread...

'n I've started an age thread....an ageless topic ....

http://www.bestfunnyquotes.com/age-quotes.shtml

may ours hearts be young-at-heart....regardless of surroundings or "reality"....always young-at-heart.....Springtime in the midst of Winter...hugs hugs hugs to all ages
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me as usual of Bob Dylan - May you stay - forever young. So I do, tho' sacrificing the virgins at the full moon is such a chore, nonetheless, that with the picture in the attic is a surefire beauty tip.

Well it works for me.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Griffin...I wonder if Bob Dylan knows how many times I've accompanied him singing this song!!!!! On each Friday in February there are to be open-air concerts at Sydney Olympic Park...the last one is the music of Dylan....we will sing this song for sure..I'll imagine you with us....of course we will alll stand up.....a choir....

you dear G are in the most young at heartish group I've ever met....full on young at heart....

(a warning..about wishes! some find they do come true and then wonder why they ever wished that particular wish Wink )

May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really belongs in the 'almost famous' thread, but it's a Bob Dylan anecdote so I'll share it here.

About 20 years ago, Lauren Bacall starred in a play in Sydney at the same time as Bob Dylan and Tom Petty were playing a couple of concerts nearby.

I went to the box office to buy tickets to see the play at about the same time as the matinee finished, and outside the stage door was parked a powder blue Rolls. Quite a few of the theatre-goers waited around hoping to see Ms Bacall get into the Rolls, but in the meantime they completely missed Mr Dylan walk out of the theatre and amble down the street.

Personally I got a much bigger thrill seeing Bob than I would have if I'd glimpsed Ms Bacall.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: