Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Lime, Coconut, and Mango Salad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Lime, Coconut, and Mango Salad Reply with quote

Recently I made a spicy red curry with fish, and wanted a refreshing counterpoint to serve with it. A recipe in the newest Joy of Cooking inspired this dish. I adapted it to fit my own preferences. I also taste tested it with a few neighbors who have learned that I want honest feedback, not just compliments for free treats. If you try this, please feel free to make suggestions that will help as I develop the recipe further.

Lime, Coconut, and Mango Salad

Ingredients:
1 cup grated, sweetened coconut
1 English cucumber, seeded and grated
Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1 jalapeno, minced
1 mango, cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Mix all ingredients and chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. May be made a day ahead, although it is best when served within a few hours of serving. Other fruits may be used, such as papaya or melon.

Cook's notes:
Allow the grated cucumber to drain in a strainer (or on paper towels) if it is particularly juicy. I used the large holes on a box grater for the cucumber.

Use a microplane to zest the lime. Alternatively, use a regular vegetable peeler to remove the zest, then finely mince the strips.
sunny12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually eaten this before, and it was quite nice, considering I'm not crazy about mangoes. It would make a lovely complement to a fish curry.
________
box vaporizers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: