Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

C & Z-----The BOOK
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: C & Z-----The BOOK Reply with quote

What a delight! I am just going through a stack of new book catalogues (I am a bookseller) and while thumbing through the Broadway Books Summer '07 catalogue I am delighted to report that pages 22 and 23 are devoted to Chocolate & Zucchini (Daily Adventures in a Parisian Kitchen) by Clotilde Dusoulier! On sale date May 15. We knew it was coming of course but seeing it on papermakes it so much more real!

Congratulations once again Clotilde!
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is soooo exciting! To see it move from invitation through all the stages to hard copy is just fantastic. Can anyone imagine how it must feel to Clotilde? I'd like to but I just don't think I can make it over the threshold of well-deserved personal triumph.

I feel like what I guess an aunt or a cousin must feel.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 pages in the catalogue! What did it say, were there photos, tell us all, please David!

How exciting.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my heart is jumping for joy!
David

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes indeed there are photos! One of the book jacket of course, and another truly sweet picture of Clotilde sitting on a bench with her cloth shopping bag, a shot of a charcterie and one of some of its contents, a stack of cookies, a pie/flan and another of a boiled egg with soldiers! (can't remember what Clotilde calls them).

The Blurb:

"Clotilde Dusoulier is a twenty-seven-year-old Parisian who loves to share her passion for all things food related-recipes, inspirations, restaurant experiences, and above all the lush pleasure to be discovered in cooking with the fresh ingredients found in her local Montmartre shops. But her love affair with food was born not in her mother's Parisian kitchen; it blossomed in San Francisco, where she moved after college and became infatuated with the new world of tastes on offer. When she returned to her beloved France, her passion for food inspired her to share her culinary exploits in a blog, ChocolateandZucchini.com, which has garnered Dusoulier more than 4.5 million hits a month and an enormous following of 140,000 unique visitors each month, half of whom are from North America.

In Chocolate & Zucchini, Dusouier provides a glimpse into the life of a young Parisian as she savors all the city has to offer. An endearing companion, she shares her cooking philosophy in the form of more than seventy-five recipes that call for the natural, healthy ingredients of which she is fond (such as zucchini) and the satisfying tastes she craves (such as chocolate). The Los Angeles Times calls her recipes "simple, charming, and fun".

Appetizers such as Tuna and Green Apple Mousse or Cumin Cheese Puffs, sandwiches and tarts like Tomato Tatin, soups like Chestnut and Mushroom, main dishes of Mustard Chicken Stew or Hand-Cut Steak Tartare, and desserts like Chocolate and Caramel Tart or Yogurt Cake can all be found alongside menus for entertaining, as well as tips for throwing cocktail or dinner parties with French flair.

Illustrated throughout with Dusoulier's evocative photography, Chocolate & Zucchini is the book for anyone who has journeyed to Paris and can still recall the delicious tastes and aromas--or for those of us who only dream about them."

What more needs be said! Very Happy
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David.

Roll on May 15!!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jude..we're now one day closer Wink

I'm imagining Clotilde's excitement chart...
Donna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we are 106 days away from the Big Day! But who's counting?

I have pre-ordered a stack of them to send to friends and family - and every once in a while, I think of someone else who needs one! I must be up to 5 or 6 by now! Laughing
msue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it exciting to see Clotilde's book made 'official' in this way?? I showed an online blurb for it to my neighbor just yesterday.

We are all eager for the book's Premier Day - maybe we can celebrate by each making our favorite C&Z recipe and reporting what we made and who we shared it with!

There are so many favorites, it will be fun to choose a special one!
Toffeeapple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking on Amazon UK and they have two books by Clothilde - one released on 1st May and the other on the 15th. Now I am totally confused! Embarassed
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Amazon UK is carrying both the American and the British editions, published respectively by Broadway Books and Marion Boyars Publishers. The difference between the two is mostly the fact that the British edition has metric measurements, and both should come out on May 15th.
Toffeeapple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clotilde wrote:
Apparently Amazon UK is carrying both the American and the British editions, published respectively by Broadway Books and Marion Boyars Publishers. The difference between the two is mostly the fact that the British edition has metric measurements, and both should come out on May 15th.

Thanks for the explanation, I am no longer confused. Guess I'll have to buy both editions!
bluedog

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Book Signing Reply with quote

I just got tix to the Seattle book signing/recipe & wine tasting. I am soooo excited!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Clotilde is nervous, having to trust unknown chefs! to prepare and present her recipes.
georgia

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just taking a moment to send my heartiest cheers and congratulations to Clotilde. As luck would have it, I will be out of town when she is in my neighborhood (Donna and I had hoped to show up together), and when I am briefly in London several weeks from now, our paths will not cross. I thought it would be a hoot to meet her 6000 miles away when she's going to be only 5 miles or so from my home.

So...Clotilde, I send my best wishes and hope you know I will be with you in spirit in both Berkeley and London. I'll be there for the second book, I promise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: