Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Rainey's Kitchen Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow--when that room is ready to use--doing laundry might actually be fun!
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David- You will always be welcome to come put in a load... Wink And the best part is, I'll be able to whip up a little sumpin for us to snack on while we watch it go round and round.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey-- is it soup yet?
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Alas, it isn't yet...

I wallpapered the pantry area yesterday because the cabinets and shelves are supposed to go in this week and the paper will be seen through the shelves.

The kitchen cabinets are supposed to follow in another week or two.

The floor still isn't done. But the structural beam is in place and the ceilings repaired around it. I'm told it will go pretty quickly at this point. I'm READY!!!

Today I'm practicing that faux technique the green room walls are painted in because I have to reproduce it on two walls where there was a lot of plaster work.

And, finally, I'm very sad to say my lovely wallpaper is quite ripped and plastered over. When the cabinets go in we'll see how much can be salvaged and how far the partical roll I have left will go.

I really should take some more pix and put them up but I've been having too good a time in the garden.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75667634@N00/504105457/in/set-72157600230382596/

restaurant pans!!!!!!! oh a baker's delight Wink

Rainey Darlin' I can imagine every inch of your kitchen is thrilled to bits to be involved in your cooking space...

Imagine folks, sitting in Rainey's kitchen...chewing the fat of life..how much fun would that be!

We could run some form of lottery....the winner gets to spend time with Rainey in her kitchen Wink

Am as happy as Larry for ye Rainey...
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a hoot to read my previous post and see myself referring to having the cabs in in a couple weeks (from 4/22). I just came back this morning from the cabinet maker to approve (again!) the sample of the finish for those same cabs (2 months later...).

Yes, I love my restaurant pans with the essentials at the ready. And I can't tell you how much I love a counter in the right place for me to knead. I am thinking, tho, of having those drawers split in half so I can stand on one side with the door closed and open & pull out the drawer on the other side instead of having to reach over the wide open drawer to measure and add. That's getting a little rough on my back. Before I have them make a permanent mechanical change, tho, I'm trying to think through if that would really be better or if dancing from one side to the other would get old. Can't get all the essentials in just one half...

It's tough to design something you've never had the experience of before.

But, boy! am I lucky I've had that mini kitchen to get me going again through the wait for these cabinets. And I LOVE, love, love Wolfie. The burners are so reliable and adjustable I can walk away from a simmering sauce. And the oven door eases itself down to fully open like a feather floating so you can give it a start and reach in for a rack for faster in and out without letting the temp slip too much. I have sat on the floor in front of that big bright window and watched bread browning with two convection fans blowing more than once like an excited kid. Yay, Wolfie!

It's good to say that when you make an expensive decision like that without getting to try it in advance. Would a guy but a $5K used car without trying it? Or even be expected to? Why can't we hold knives and cook on major appliances before committing to an important decision like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: