Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Cooking classes on the Big Island?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Cooking classes on the Big Island? Reply with quote

It looks like I am going cash in those frequent flyer miles and go to Hawaii in April. Does anyone know about cooking classes or other foodie-type activities in the Kona area?

There is a farmer's market in Hilo that I hope to see, supposedly there are foods available there that cannot be shipped to mainland U.S., won't that be fun?

I'd love to hear ideas. Thanks Cool !
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea using those FF points, msue. We're using ours to go back to the US in September.

I can't tell you anything about cooking classes in Kona, but I'm sure Deni will be able to give you all the info you need.

But I can tell you that the Farmers Market in Hilo is fantastic! A real feast for the eyes and the senses. Take an umbrella, raincoat and wellington boots, though. It rains a lot in Hilo. We discovered that when we camped in Hilo last month in tents that had no flys (flies?) and we all woke up in the morning absolutely drenched. It took us the rest of the week to dry out, then we had to go back to Hilo to fly back to HNL and got wet all over again!

I loved the Big Island, specially the north-east coast.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: