Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Anyone heard from PestoMan lately?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Anyone heard from PestoMan lately? Reply with quote

I'm kind of concerned. It's supposed to be awful in a lot of New Orleans these days. A lot of crime and mental health issues while the police are overwhelmed and all but a small number of mental health workers have left the area. I'm sure its not the same for everyone but it's been a long time and frustration and living among stressed out folks, etc. takes a toll. I mean who wouldn't get discouraged?

It would sure make me happy to think he's had the time and energy to stay in touch with someone.
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: alive and reasonably well!!! Reply with quote

THanks for your concern Rainey it does mean a lot to me!!! (in fact my entire C&Z family is most important to me)

All is well, and somehow I am muddling through. the crime is horrifying,(two murdered just blocks from my garden) but it is largely limited to those in the drug trade. THe overall frustration level does stay close to maxxed-out at all times but somehow you get used to it Confused

Helps when you can take a break, and we just returned from a week cruise!

Warm Carribean, waters can and do wash away a lot of stress, but as always ther is plenty waiting for us when we return!

THanks for the concern it does help....well i have to run...early day tommorow Market day!
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! I wish the people who have the money from the taxes we all pay for government services would come through with something more material and effective than "concern" 'cause jes folks like me have little more to offer. But it's GREAT to here from you and, especially, to see that smiling, enthusiastic icon.

Carry on, my man, but be safe! And don't forget to let us know when you need a picker upper. OTOH, can we let you know when we can use a cruise ourselves? Wink Actually, smart move and I'm glad to hear you could do that! The folks in Vancouver regularly head to sunnier climes when the dark and cold and damp of the Northern winter get to them for the same reasons. There was even a move to turn a Caribbean island into a province to facilitate the temporary migrations.
David

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you Pestoman!

Rainey--that is the Turks and Caicos Islands and the concept still gets bandied about!
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David- Maybe you can clear up an argument Steve and I occasionally have. I think Nunavut is quite small. He says its huge — maybe the largest administrative area — but may only be inhabited in a smaller segment. Wanna take sides?
David

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the facts m'am! Nunavut--created in 1999, basically a native land claim (Inuit) comprises 28 communities totalling 26,000 individuals over an area of 2 million square kilometres! What does Steve win?
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the very few times in 40 years that I've given in.
David

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you just gotta let 'em win once in a while!!
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you'd enjoy hearing that when I had to have most of my thyroid removed I complained to the surgeon that it wasn't fair that after all those years of marriage another man got to slit my throat...
Lady Amalthea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey wrote:
Perhaps you'd enjoy hearing that when I had to have most of my thyroid removed I complained to the surgeon that it wasn't fair that after all those years of marriage another man got to slit my throat...

Rainey, that's too funny. Glad to hear you were in good enough spirits to be cracking jokes!
David

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHMIGOD!!!! RAINEY!! Darned good thing I was only drinking water when I read that!----and managed to turn my head away from the keyboard!
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing is that you understand that I may be stubborn and obnoxious but I've got my loyalties and priorities in order. Wink

PS ...grateful to have ducked a responsibilty for compensating you for a keyboard. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: