Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Recipie for beurre-sucre sauce?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CookLikeaMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Recipie for beurre-sucre sauce? Reply with quote

Anyone have instructions for the beurre-sucre sauce to go w/ crepes? I've read putting a tsp. of butter in pan, placing crepe on it, sprinkling about a tsp of sugar on top and letting them mingle. Any other way of doing it more efficiently?
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Recipie for beurre-sucre sauce? Reply with quote

CookLikeaMan wrote:
Anyone have instructions for the beurre-sucre sauce to go w/ crepes? I've read putting a tsp. of butter in pan, placing crepe on it, sprinkling about a tsp of sugar on top and letting them mingle. Any other way of doing it more efficiently?

Welcome here, CookLikeaMan. You might want to go to the Chocolate & Zucchine main page, because Clotilde, on Feb. 07, talked exclusively about crepes and mentioned beurre-sucre.
CookLikeaMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Recipie for beurre-sucre sauce? Reply with quote

Yes, that's why I'm asking. She mentions that the butter -sugar sauce goes best w/ crepes and I'm looking for the best way to make that sauce.

Thanks!
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to take a better woman than I to find it for you. Laughing I did a Google and MSN search and every single recipe came up in French (small wonder) and I don't speak or read French.

Where are all the Gourmet cooks today?
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a crepes kinda girl, but if you post the French recipe you found, I'll take a whack at a translation for CookLikeaMan. Est-ce que ça marchera?
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey wrote:
I'm not a crepes kinda girl, but if you post the French recipe you found, I'll take a whack at a translation for CookLikeaMan. Est-ce que ça marchera?

Knock yourself out, Rainey. Laughing Here's the multiple links, all in French.

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=MSN8A&q=beurre-sucre+sauce
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Je prépare 8 crêpes et je les maintiens au chaud. . Je pèle les pommes, je les coupe en 4, je retire le cœur et les coupe en cubes. . Je fais chauffer à feu doux le beurre dans une sauteuse, j’ajoute les pommes et le sucre et je laisse cuire 10 minutes en couvrant. . Je garnis le centre des 8 crêpes avec ces pommes et je forme des aumônières. Je fais tenir en piquant croisés 2 bâtonnets en bois. Puis je lie avec un grand zeste d’orange décoratif.

I found this recipe. This woman is using a mix for her crepes. Then she says for 8 crepes she prepares 4 apples in a sweetened butter sauce.

She peels and cores her apples (Golden, Gala or Elstar are her preferences) and quarters them then chops them up. She puts them in a sauté pan in which she has melted 1 tbs of butter over low heat. She also adds 60g of sugar (clotilde has metric equivalents on C&Z). She cooks them together in the covered pan for 10 minutes. Then she folds this (in the form of a chaplain???) into her warm crepes and garnishes them with orange zest.

My guess is you could skip the apples if you wanted to. It actually sounds like you're doing just fine on your own too. Wink
brighidsdaughter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I did, totally winging it, with no claim to French authenticity: Turned out quite tasty. For 4 crepes:

1 tblsp salted butter
1 tblsp powdered sugar
a squeeze of lemon juice
a small splash of brandy

Melt the butter & sugar in a small skillet, add liquids. Pass each crepe through the sauce to totally coat, fold into quarters & leave in the pan. Turn up the heat & reduce quickly to evaporate alocohol & achieve syrupy consistency. This goes quickly on high heat. I flipped the crepes over once during the process & served immediately when the sauce got syrupy, with additional powdered sugar & fresh lemon juice sprinkled on top. Vary flavorings to suit your own taste.

Pan and heat source (gas, electric) can affect the final product. I used a heavy, nonstick skillet.

Hope this helps!
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brighidsdaughter: Oooo, that sounds really tasty! Thanks for not only posting the recipe but the entire process, too.

Darn you guys! Now I've got to dust off my crepe pan and make some crepes for the weekend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: