Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Fave fastfood
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyflakes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Fave fastfood Reply with quote

I'm getting really hungry right now...just thinking what's everybody's favorite fastfood? Mine would be Carl's Jr. Love their new spicy buffalo chicken sandwich really taste good. http://www.spicybuffalo.com/carlsjr/
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's in the Los Angeles area it has to be Carney's incredible burgers with chili and the most consistently excellent tomatoes you can get year round sliced about 1/4" thick and served in a funky old railroad car with paper towels for napkins.

In Toluca Lake I also like Emon's "Special" bento boxes. Not what you'd call lightening fast but for 90-120 seconds longer than Carl J's (which are, I agree, very good) you get salad, pickled bean sprouts, rice, sushi, chicken teriyaki and the special of the day. Excellent and loaded with Warner Bros staff & execs at lunch. They also have a bowl of udon noodles that could easily serve 2 or 3 if you wanted to supplement it with some tempura or something. Or you can get it served with a couple pieces of tempura on top, of course, if you have an appetite on steroids like moi.

Sharkeys is a chain that has terrific Mexican food made from healthy ingredients. All of their stuff is good. Their Mexican pizzas are terrific but if you want roasted veggies on it you have to tell them to burn them or you won't get any of the nice char that adds so much flavor.
David

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chips from almost any chip wagon with lots of salt and malt vinegar!
christen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush's from Columbia, SC. I dream about their BBQ sandwiches (mustard-based SC-style) and vanilla milkshakes Wink . Ah, I can't wait til my next trip to the states!
Rachel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I'm with you on the chips - my favourites are from the (very cornily named but oh so good) Rock & Sole Plaice on the edge of Covent Garden.

One of my oldest and dearest friends recently moved to Belgium, and when I visited him last autumn he introduced me to the joys of Belgian frites with more sauces than you can shake a stick at and... they were okay, but I just can't imagine putting mayo/peanut sauce/sauce andalouse (I'm not even sure what that last one is, it was a rather alarming shade of salmon/orange) on my chips as a matter of course. I generally have an adventurous palate, but when it comes to chips I'm a purist - salt and malt vinegar or (if I'm eating them with moules marinieres) mussel broth, and nothing else!
candyflakes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm on the east coast I usually go to Hardees too. I think Carl's Jr. and Hardees merged several years ago, but kept their respective names. They have a cool site too like on carls buffalo site...very unique though. http://www.spicybuffalo.com/hardees/
sunny12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything from McDonalds, but esp. french fries Embarassed
________
marijuana vaporizer

Last edited by sunny12 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
candyflakes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey D's fries are the best. In-n-out is good too, but Carls/Hardees has the best burgers/sandwiches by far. They also make a wonderful shakes now. Cool
rohobu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Texas, we have a chain called "Whataburger" (if you've ever seen that "King of the Hill" show on Fox, it has been on there a few times). Man, they are the best burgers, and their fries are better than McDonalds (no, really!), and their breakfasts are great, too. I just took my brother & sister-in-law from Florida there (he had seen a few Whataburgers driving here and was intrigued) and they LOVED it. They said they saw one on the way home in Florida, so maybe they're expanding and some of you will be lucky enough to have one nearby soon!

But I TRY to limit my trips there - a bacon cheeseburger with fries (and a DIET Dr. Pepper) can really pack on the pounds!!!

Yum, I just got to work but I know what I'm having for lunch today!!!
David

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's gotta be chips from a chain instead of from a wagon--for me it's gotta be New York Fries!!
candyflakes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm a devout follower of low carb six dollar burger of Carl's Jr., which is bun free! Their new spicy buffalo chicken is quite good too.
bainst

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was stationed in San Antonio, there was this place in Alamo Heights, I can't for life of me recall the name. But they made the best burger on a whole wheat bun. My mouth is watering thinking about. I also love McDonald's, Wendy's, Chik-Fila, or Checkers fries. Or basically, fries in general. When I was stationed in Japan, I loved Gyoza or in Korean(Hangul) Yakimandu, a type of fried or boiled pork dumpling.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
Don't know where you got your NY fries from, but Brasserie Les Halles has the best in the city. They are to die for.

My favorite fast food......sate from a guy on Roosevelt Ave, or the real taco's from the guy further on down. NYC street food is better in Jackson Heights.
Sushi from Wild by Nature is always good when I'm feeling lazy. When I'm leaving a show at 2:00am in Seattle it's all about the sausage with cream cheese.

"It's hot ham water."
David

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Fries is a chain that pops up here in every shopping mall's food court--specialize in fries, hot dogs, poutine and that's about it!

Sausage with cream cheese! Sounds good---is that a regional North West thing Erin??
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being a bit literal with that, wasn't I?

It is so yummy! I haven't had one in so long I have forgotten what I had with it. Knowing myself it was ketchup, mustard and kraut. The sausages are awesome and the cream cheese makes it all to die for. It must be a NW thing, most people get really grossed out when I talk about it.

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: