Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

White Chocolate and Ginger Cookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What type of chocolate do you prefer?
White Chocolate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Milk Chocolate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dark Chocolate
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Any Chocolate!
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

everythingdarkchocolate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: White Chocolate and Ginger Cookies Reply with quote

I know that I am generally known for my love of Dark Chocolate however my brother is allergic to chocolate so I came up with this chocolate chip cookie recipe for him a couple of years back and he LOVES them. He has lives on another island and has been known to ask his girlfriends to bake them for him but they never came out the same so I end up posting them to him! lol! If you are making these for someone with a chocolate allergy make sure you check the bag of white chocolate chunks/chips/melts to ensure there is no cocoa! Beware this is a bulk recipe 50-70 cookies however they freeze beautifully.

Fenella’s Bulk Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 pound butter
8 oz brown sugar
8 oz white sugar
5 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
13 fl oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground ginger
2 cups white chocolate chips (or chunks)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, fold in the condensed milk, vanilla and chocolate. Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and ginger. Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls and place on a greased cookie tray. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for approx 15mins. Cool on an oven tray and be sure to taste test at least one from each batch for quality control purposes only of course!

Makes 50 -70 cookies (depending how big you like em)

Hope you enjoy!

Fenella
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edc...

Quote:
allergic to chocolate

That's... that's... Shocked ... just terrible!!!! I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must be... aside from a choco-connoisseur having to make white 'chocolate' I mean!!
everythingdarkchocolate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, its a terrible states of affairs and yet I succumb, it shows my love for my brother. I haven't even attempted to sneak any dark chocolate in just to "test" his "allergy"! Unfortunately I have seen the result of his encounters with cocoa and 3 days in bed vomitting with a migraine just doesn't seem worth it, even for Dark Chocolate!
Don't worry I make up for it when it comes to dads birthday, his birthday was during easter this year!, and always make dad some yummy dark chocolate goodies. Often its home made scorched almonds but this year it was dark chocolates with a lemon curd centre (the tang, the sweet and the bitter take your breath away) and scorched hazelnuts. So what I lack in treats for my brother I make up for in treats for my parents and my husband!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: