Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Atlanta (miniguide) + Eats + Charlotte, NC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myredstars

Location: Home: Charlotte, NC; Currently studying in Vitznau, Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Atlanta (miniguide) + Eats + Charlotte, NC Reply with quote

My other half and I (both big self-proclaimed foodies) had an amazing weekend in Atlanta last fall, and found two great restaurants while we were there as well as an amazing Sunday breakfast. It wouldn't be fair to not share - I cannot say enough about these restaurants:

Bacchanalia Restaurant + Star Provisions (thier gourmet/home/kitchen store) - visit thier website to see their four course prix-fixe menu for 72 USD, or 115 USD with wine parings www.starprovisions.com - This was such a great value.

One Midtown Kitchen - very modern, great ambiance and very innovative dishes, like the "kitkat" dessert, peanut butter ice cream, and curry ice cream. Moderately priced: www.onemidtownkitchen.com/home.html

The West Egg - We found this place on a recommendation of a local from one of the previous restaurants. It is close to Baccanalia, and such a great value. They also have baked goods - including WHOOPIE PIE. I had never seen one before, but Jesse insisted we get two. Some how we managed to wait to eat them once back in Charlotte, but as soon as I indulged, I immediately found a recipe so I could reproduce them. They are one of the easiest desserts to make, and are enjoyably messy. Back to the breakfast, fun setting, WIFI, if you just want to chill out and do some work, and again, good breakfast food:
http://www.westeggcafe.com/

To stay: When we go, it's generally on the weekend, when you can get great deals from the W (about 99$ a night) and you get large, spacious rooms that have just been renovated and are very modern and chic; amazingly comfortable beds (thank you Starwood!). It's located in the Perimeter Center, less than a mile from the I-285 belt line.

There are also lots of whole food stores in the area, where you can get Greek yogurt + Valhrona chocolate by the block, if that's your fancy.

I live in Charlotte, so if you ever need recommendations, I would be more than happy to supply.

*** One more recommendation: The Vortex, in Little Five Points has an endless selection of beers and burgers that will satisfy any red-meat tooth; Great Value.***
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: