Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Brussels (+ Paris) this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myredstars

Location: Home: Charlotte, NC; Currently studying in Vitznau, Switzerland

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Brussels (+ Paris) this weekend. Reply with quote

A friend and I are going to be spending a day in Paris and a day in Brussels this weekend. Obviously, were most interested in finding great FF and Waffles in Brussels, as well as a nice dinner. I've scoured my resources, but to little avail. Can you all be of some assistance?

Also, as far as dining in Paris, a few weekends ago, I had an amazing at Bistrot Paul Bert. Can you all make some similar suggestions?

Thanks!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Bruxelles are you going to? It is a small country, but huge when talking about recommendations for eating out.

What part of Paris are you concentrating on this trip? Once again... a small place, but huge...

We just spent the better part of a week in Bruxelles, Brugges and Ypres. Absolutely gorgeous places and very interesting. Didn't think the food in cafes and restaurants was fabulous though. We were with locals, and were a bit disappointed when eating out. Our best meals were with the family in their home. That was were we had the lightest, tastiest most wonderful gauffres with fresh cream.

Moules frites is something which I love, but you may need to broaden your scope and look at one of the other few national dishes. You could try woterzooi (cannot remember exact spelling) which is a light stew type dish traditionally made with chicken, but can also be made with fish. Much more complex and delicious than moules and frites - which you can eat just about anywhere in the world now.

For restos in Paris, I think there are a few different topics on dining in Paris which you might like to check out, and coordinate with the area of Paris you are going to be in.

Enjoy your trip!
myredstars

Location: Home: Charlotte, NC; Currently studying in Vitznau, Switzerland

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brussels is going to be a day trip, with no itenerary, except to buy chocolate and putz around.

As for Paris, we're going to be staying about 10 min. south of St. Germain, and would prefer to stay south of the river, but wouldn't mind going as far north as Lafayette. When we went to Bistrot Paul Bert (in the 11th I think), it was kind of out of the way, but well worth it.

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: