Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Chocolate Strawberry Cake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveofChocolate

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Chocolate Strawberry Cake Reply with quote

This was my daughter's request for her birthday. Her concept, of a new untried recipe. The result was delicious!!

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CAKE

Ingredients

* 200g Flour
* 100g Cacao powder
* 300g sugar
* 300g butter (unsalted)
* 5 eggs
* 20g Baking soda
* pinch of salt
* milk if necessary for the mix

Using a food processor or mixer combine the sugar and butter together. Mix the flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add 1/3 of this mixture into the processor along with 2 of the eggs. MIX. Then add another 1/3 of the flour mix and a further 2 eggs. MIX. Then add the rest of the flour and eggs. MIX. If the mixture is too stiff add a tiny amount of milk until the consistency seems right. Run processor on High power for 3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.

Butter or oil an 8″ or 20cm deep cake tin (or two sandwich tins, if you prefer) Pour the cake mixture in and place it in a pre-warmed oven at 180C or gas mark 5 or 360F. All Chocolate cakes take a little longer than normal cakes……..and your oven will be different than mine….. Cook the cake for 40 minutes, then test using a thin stick to see if the centre is cooked. It can be left very moist if you wish…

At trick I use is to switch the oven off while the stick is still showing that the centre is not quite cooked, but leave the cake in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven, after 5 minutes remove from the cake tin(s) and place on a cooling rack.

To Decorate

* Strawberries
* Creme Fraiche (sour cream) or Whipped Double cream
* Strawberry Jam
* Cacao powder

If you used the deep tin you now need to carefully slice the cake in two through the middle.

Then spread the creme fraiche on one side of the cake, and strawberry jam on the other. Carefully sandwich together, then decorate the top of the cake with cacao powder shaken through a sieve, and sliced strawberries on top.

Serve……………and ENJOY
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it looked as rich and delicious as it sounds!
LoveofChocolate

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey wrote:
I bet it looked as rich and delicious as it sounds!

You can go to this link to see it!!

http://mylove-of-chocolate.com/?p=112

The taste was better event then the picture

Michaela@MyLove of Chocolate
MissC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, this looks and sounds absolutely delicious. Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my favorite treats, so this cake sounds right up my alley! I think I am going to try it out for dessert after our Sunday dinner this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: