Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

C&Z Cookbook as an Aperitif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMark

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: C&Z Cookbook as an Aperitif Reply with quote

I am relatively new to the blog, having lurked for a while, but with the arrival of the cookbook, I couldn't resist. What a delight. And since my first visit to Paris is in a few weeks, the book is like an aperitif, a hint of the flavors and possibilities of food in Paris.

I've booked a private tour to Rungis and have a list of too many restaurants, culled from Clotilde's restaurant articles, this blog topic, a New York Times article, online Zagat reviews, and an article in Bon Appetit and related podcast. I've got another list of bakeries, gourmet food shops, patisseries, and other places for a quick bite while exploring the city.

Six days presents so many opportunities and constraints. Nothing too fancy, as I'll be hiking in Switzerland after Paris and there's no room for a suit. Not too touristy, which rules out the usual suspects. I drool everytime I look at the list.

Thanks to all for the previous posts and major congrats to Clotilde for the book. The photographs are sooo gorgeous! Makes me want to take a week's vacation and get cooking.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to C&Z, we're always happy when someone new "de-lurks". Enjoy your time in Paris, it is such a wonderful place and Clotilde's book is the perfect way to get in the spirit.

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: