Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
|Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:01 pm Post subject: What's it like being an expat in Paris?
|We've touched on this subject here and there in other posts, but I thought it might be insightful to have the expats in Paris respond to a post specificially about them. I enjoyed the stories from David Sedaris about living in Paris, especially being mistaken for a pickpocket Frenchman by a couple of tourists from Florida, but I'd like to hear from the Parisian expats on our boards too.
I'm curious about the following things:
1. What were your reasons for moving to Paris?
2. How long have you lived there?
3. What do you appreciate about Paris that some Parisians might overlook?
4. Is it really hard to make a living in Paris? i.e. I'm assuming it's really expensive to live there.
5. What is it about Paris that makes it "home"?
6. What do you think the Parisians appreciate the most about you?
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" --- Monty Python and the Holy Grail