Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Pesto Man in Paris (part deux)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naming a furbaby can be tricky. Each time I think I have the perfect name... and then they tell me their actual preferred name, which is always very different. Laughing

Hmmm, haggis..... I have 2 small ones waiting to be eaten here now. Was going to have one tonight as my husband was supposed to be on a business trip. Wouldn't you know it the trip has been cancelled Evil or Very Mad Oh well, another night. Even had the mashed neeps and tatties to go with it. Crying or Very sad

So Barbara, any thoughts on what you would like for your birthday dinner while Pestoman is here?
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I can guess tatties are potatoes but what are mashed neeps?
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tur-neeps, maybe?
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerpale,

That's not far off, they're swede, cooked and mashed with butter melting on them.

Debbie,
It's good to know you managed to hunt down a haggis, they are devious creatures one of the only wild things Scotsmen are scared of... as you would be if you were wearing a kilt! Shocked

The last time I had haggis with neeps and tatties was in Edinburgh about five years ago with my ex-girlfriend who was a New Zealander. They were hot and lovely... actually, so was the ex, now I think of it...! Wink
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, swedes are the preferred "neep" but turnips can be substituted. I am a bit of a heathen in that I actually prefer turnips roasted and then mashed. Shocked But don't tell anyone ok.

Griffin... I laughed so hard I had to tell my husband what I was laughing at.... he said that he was shocked to hear of such things on a family forum... Wink Laughing with a huge laugh himself. Shocked Don't know which bit he liked best, the fact she was a Kiwi or the fact she was hot and tasty!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swedes are cool and reserved, like Ingrid, dark and stormy, like Ingmar--certainly not "hot & nasty", er..tasty--ohhh--you mean rutabagas!! never mind..
simona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock, Knock, is this the forum about Pestoman going to Paris II ?
Will Debbie have haggis , neeps and tatties as main dish and Kiwis as desert for Barbara's first 16th birthday anniversary? Are there any cool, reserved, dark (??) and stormy(!!) swedes, -cooked and mashed with butter melting on them ,- also invited? Are the cats haggies or vice versa? I daresay I'm a little bit confused. It's maybe because of the heat here in the Land of Milk and Honey ...

No more war, more haggis cats, Kiwis, melted swedes , tatties , pappies etc etc...
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simona! The threads wander and I would have to say everyone is guilty, at least occasionally.

p.s. If you check Madame Shawshank's and Rainey's post count you will see they are both about to become "statistics".
simona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginger, I just did it, minutes before I read your message, otherwise I would have credited you of course. Somebody said that great minds think alike. So we are great minds, aren't we??
And what about the melted swedes?
Pestoman, I wish you a wonderful stay in Paris .

No more war, more peace
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona..since I feel almost birthday partyish...given the statistic!...I'll gift ye without-the-neeps-knowledge all with this:

http://www.britannia.com/cooking/recipes/bashedneeps.html

hugs as ever
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

My ex was tall, with long dark hair and eyes the colour of chocolate... and I was the one melting when I looked in them... this fortunately never happens with haggis, tatties and neeps... and least not yet! I met her on a website, we emailed, I wrote her sonnets, we spoke on the phone and then she met me!! Laughing Actually it was a great relationship for a while, but then it slowly turned to dust and trickled through my fingers... sigh! I decided to forget about love and stick to the chocolate... tho' not literally obviously!

Gingerpale,
I think Ingrid was very hot and tasty! Don't know about Ingmar tho'... They're round, solid and orange fleshed... swedes not Swedes that is!

Simona,

Possibly if the swedes were in the land of milk and honey they would be melted!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a month to go before Pestoman and the gorgeous Madame P will be on our shores!!!!!!!!!!

Am I excited? What do you think Laughing Laughing

Off to the cookware stores to buy some cake pans. Have to get the birthday party dinner practice in....

BTW, Pestoman, fabulous Lalique exhibition on at teh Luxembourg Gardens. Mme P and I may have to steal away from you boys to go look see. Wayne says the beer is cooling down and the tv is warming up for the big race!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie Darlin'...if you ever get a sense that there are others around..you'll not be wrong..it will be all of us!

such fun to share the excitement.. Smile
Barbara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - Anything that doesn't contain coriander (cilantro) will be just fine.

Griffin - Maybe you should try for an Australian girlfriend.
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!! tatties?? Neeps??? swedes???? freshly kilt haggis????????? kiwi surprise (aka Griffin's ex)???????????? ahh the terminology of commonwealth
cuisine will never cease to amaze me!! (I am still trying to bend my mind around spotted dick!! Shocked Shocked)

The party sounds delightful. I am so happy to get in the ground floor of what will surely become one of the world's great annual events!

the nearness of the trip is both exciting and terrifying!!!!!!!!! (so much to do, so little time!!!) we just found out that that our friends no longer own the computer we used last visit (traded it in on a laptop) so I am now the proud, although somewhat impovrished owner of the world's only laptop powered by pesto (toshiba actually) Debbie please inform Wayne, that I may be in need of his considerable computer guru skills. btw, if you and my wife keep finding more things to do alone, Wayne and I will just have to find more beer!!! Pity we don't along Laughing )

Griffin, will you be attending then? Will we have to find you a cat? There is a lovely one we are sitting, but alas, It does not leave the flat and we are not allowed visitors... Pity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: