Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

What are your top 5 places for food/drink in Paris?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruechapon

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: What are your top 5 places for food/drink in Paris? Reply with quote

I'm returning to Paris for a month this summer and am compiling a list of the best places for food and drink.

What are your absolute favorites -- any budget, any type of food/drink, any sort of atmosphere - just the places you truly love and will definitely visit on your return trip?

Thank you, in advance!
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check out the other topics with this info first? There are quit a few listed in teh forum topic index.

Don't want to repeat what has already been said - and read by you - before.

Will check back for your reply before posting suggestions
ruechapon

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Debbie! I might be looking in the wrong place for the index you mentioned, but of course have found plenty of posts devoted to certain topics (chocolate, baguette, etc.) and that's very helpful. Is there one devoted to general all-time favorites?

I definitely didn't mean to repeat something that's already here. My apologies!

If anyone is reading: my (current) all-time favorites are:

L'as du Fallafel (24 rue des Rosiers)
Fish (69 rue de Seine)
Juvéniles (47 rue de Richelieu)
Fellini Ristorante (47 rue de l'Arbre Sec)
Cafe Charbon (rue Oberkampf)
BG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at a post I just entered (title is "Just Back from Paris and Alsace") for some of our favorite finds just a couple of weeks ago.

The Chemist in the Kitchen (sometimes)
simona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always plasantly surprised to learn that Falafel is considered a delicacy worth mentioning among paris' food treats. Beeing our national, least expensive national "junk food' around here, obviously I never eat it in Paris or elsewhere. Actually, when in paris in February 07' , I did go to rue des Rosiers, I craved some moon/apple strudel or something similar. I tried the one at Finkelstein ( sp??) shop, looked at the other one across the street, , and after a bite, I decided I'll eat "my" food here, in Tel Aviv.
All of you are invited, I know some very good places for Falafel. As for strudel, I can provide a very good one....

No more war, more falafels in Paris , Tel aviv and Cairo ( very good ones there too!!)
SPM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your top 5 places for food/drink in Paris? Reply with quote

Funny you should ask! We just returned to Paris for our annual visit and last night tried, for the first time, the new 'big meat' Argentinian resto called UNICO, in the 11th, at 15 rue Paul Bert. The place is small (maybe 50 seats?) with courteous staff and an extremely hospitable owner/chef. We ordered an entrecote and a filet "Unico" with frites and grilled vegies -- and everything was fantastic! Thick juicy cuts of meat; vegies to die for; everything perfectly seasoned, salted, and cooked; tender and flavorful. Truly one of the best meat meals we have had in ages -- and chez nous, in the San Francisco Bay Area, we eat only grass-fed, sustainable, quasi-organic, ethically raised meat, so our standards are high. The wine list was good; our 29 euro Malbec was yummy. All in all, a delightfully memorable occasion -- we left knowing we'd be recommending it to friends. Count yourselves among the first. (For those wanting a more traditionally French meal: this isn't that. It's a, um, broadening experience.) Let us know what you think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: