Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

I heart NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: I heart NYC Reply with quote

ok, since, at the moment, we're heavily involved with this city Wink , I thought maybe a little time to share New York books...those set in NYC..about the city...the whole lot..

by the keyboard is my copy of "A Year in New York" by Elisha Cooper..from the back jacket:

"I HAVE AN IDEA: TO WRITE AND PAINT A SKETCHBOOK OF MY FIRST YEAR IN NEW YORK. FALL, WINTER, SPRING, AND SUMMER. I"LL GO TO GAMES, SHOWS, CONCERTS, MARKETS, AND CAFES. TO BROOKLYN, QUEENS, CONEY ISLAND, AND CHINATOWN. WITH A #5 PENCIL AND MY WATERCOLORS (tricky for an Oz gal to not type coloUrs) I'LL WALK AROUND THE STREETS, AND POKE INTO AS MANY CORNERS AS I CAN..I WANT TO SEE WHAT MAKES THIS CITY SPECIAL."

Why is my heart remembering my visit to Ellis Island? Why have I just googled "Ellis Island" to search the images for one of the Registry Room...THAT ceiling! I stood for ages gazing UP ~ all those folk who passed through....all those stories.

the walk in Central Park..oh such a cold cold fabulous day...ears picking up song..acapella! ....'n there was a choir! how happy I was that Acapella Day

New York ~ ye of the open arms....ye full of color...ye of all from a to z...

New York & New Yorkers, this night I smile to ye...
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you should come back to NYC and we will have dinner!

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: