Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

My Grandmother's Apple Cake (pg. 173, U.S. edition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: My Grandmother's Apple Cake (pg. 173, U.S. edition) Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmm!!! Clotilde, I sent a special thought of gratitude to your Mamy this evening.

The cake is warm and yummy, the kind of apple-y cakey goodness that soothes your soul. It's not too sweet, but has just enough sweetness to satisfy.

I made one of the suggested variations by grinding some blanched almonds with the sugar and decreasing the butter somewhat, as recommended. The Granny Smith apples were the prettiest ones in the market yesterday, so that's what I used!

I also used a larger pan (9-inch) than the recipe calls for, so I adapted the recipe by increasing the ingredients proportionally. It worked well, including the 40-minute cooking time in the 8-inch pan recipe.

And if I didn't say it earlier, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

(And there's a lovely, lovely, aroma in this house right now.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: