Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

the gathering of the choir...for the birthday song:-)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: the gathering of the choir...for the birthday song:-) Reply with quote

the gal's birthday is coming up in a few days ...I thought a cyberspace choir would be fun...

have been told I'm a soprano...must be one of the reasons I love The Sopranos so much Wink

so, I'll join the high note folk...

don't forget to practise your scales every so often...

imagine us all together...in some wondrous park in Paris...singing THE song...methinks Griffin could be the conductor...he'd look super in the gear...

perhaps we wear something pink...
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sing very badly. But I don't care. I could stand at the back and pretend to sing.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garbage!...you ma dear will be in this choir...singing singing singing!...this isn't fancy pancy stuff ma dear...this is from the heart stuff...of which you are wondrous...so no more of this 'badly' talk..doth I make maself clear Wink

I can remember being in 6th class...sort of 12 years oldish...and someone was told to mime ...I thought then, and still do, that it was an awful thing to say to someone in our class....ghastly....

sing up Barbara .....you will add your delight to our group sounds....

erase 'badly'...

hugs from the choir mistress
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think I'd be a better singer than conductor... I can swing my arms about a bit and look good in the gear, but that's as far as it goes. I can sing in the style of a young Lou Reed, the Ramones and occasionally when the urge takes me Bob Dylan... even if my brother does compliment me on my impression of Woody Allen singing!!

Ba ba ba, Barbara... ba ba ba... ! You can sing next to me Barbara, if you miss a note point at me and nobody will think any less of you!!! Very Happy

Madame will of course sing in the style of Aretha Franklin! So you may want to give her singing room for when that beeeg voice comes bursting forth!! Love Aretha! Cool And of course, Love Madame also!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sing, Madame, but I'll stand next to someone who's singing just a bit louder than I...
Is "Happy Birthday" sung in France? A French version? Are candles on a cake and 'making a wish' traditional there too?

I think Chicago Bear shares a birthday with Clotilde? This chant must be heard from Paris to Illinois.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, gingerpale! Let's be sure we're all singing the same song!

When I lived in France one of the memories I've brought back and held all these years is tiny little single-serving cakes that were at least as elaborate as any grand wedding cake. We used to make le patisserie the first stop and eat one as we did the rest of nos achats. I can still remember that it was impossible not to end up with a noseful of whipped cream when taking the first bite (we were coarse Americans — no plates and forks for us).

Can we imagine each holding up a cake (or two if we're celebrating for Chicago Bear too) with a lit candle?
swan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even my 4 year old niece forbids me to sing along with her music...("No Mickey, don't!!!") Very Happy

I'll just playback!!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah gingerpale! cakes! held aloft! this is getting joyously bigger than Ben Hur Wink

my tastebuds run to a La Religieuse...so that's ma cake of choice...

now begin to imagine this my dear pals...each in some outfit with a splash of pink for THE gal...each with a b'day cake of choice and candle...each with own particular smile/grin...

and each with a particular voice...each as precious and delightful as the other...this is the wondrous magic of cyberspace...

hugs

Aretha/Mia Dyson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8MY1cWAohI (Mia...her papa Jim makes her guitars...)

bonus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0XeHprh-EA&mode=related&search=

now here's how the magic works...imagine the style or the singer you admire and love...'n there you have it...that's how you'll sing!

wont this be a choir and a half...there will be opera/blues/hard rock/old time folk/'50s crooning stuff...this here choir has room for all....and might I remind Barbara and her "I can't sing" ilk..enough! this is magical singing

am imagining Clotilde in a simply scrumptious hot air balloon..drifting over this choir of Paris..with that smile of hers we know so well..
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Clotilde's favorite color is mauve... she described it somewhere as a nice pink and blue blend--if my mem'ry serves..
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then...mauve it is!

by golly we're going to be an impressive sight!
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. I sing second alto (third if I can get it) and will be glad to lend my no-longer-youthful but always-on-pitch voice to the choir.

But what day is it? On what day shall I wear pink (sorry, no mauve) and harmonize with everyone? Help -- I hope I'm not too late!
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all too sweet, really! What have I ever done to deserve such kindness?
Smilingly and blushingly yours,
Clotilde.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clotilde asks:
Quote:
What have I ever done to deserve such kindness?

To find the answer --get out your big Google book and look under "Dusoulier, Clotilde".
emilyj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in too, I will stand next to Raven and mime the words so it looks like it's me singing in tune

Happy birthday Clotilde!
Donna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sing harmony!

I can't do this at home, because the minute I go into harmony, Sam goes so far off-key, you'd think he was singing in some three note atonal scale.
However, you can't fault him for his heart - his singing is FULL of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: