Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Dinner in Seattle Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bainst

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Dinner in Seattle Anyone? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. It's me Bainst aka Tamar. My year in Iraq is almost up; Very Happy; and I was wondering if any of the C&Z members in the Seattle area would like to get together for dinner. I was only in Ft. Lewis for four weeks before I found out I was deploying to Iraq and left three months later. So I didn't get to enjoy the food scene or make that many friends. So it would be really great to celebrate my safe return to the states with a great dinner with nice people. If anyone is interested please let me know.
bainst

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dinner in Seattle Anyone? Reply with quote

bainst wrote:
Hey everyone. It's me Bainst aka Tamar. My year in Iraq is almost up; Very Happy; and I was wondering if any of the C&Z members in the Seattle area would like to get together for dinner. I was only in Ft. Lewis for four weeks before I found out I was deploying to Iraq and left three months later. So I didn't get to enjoy the food scene or make that many friends. So it would be really great to celebrate my safe return to the states with a great dinner with nice people. If anyone is interested please let me know.

I forgot to say when I would be back. And I hoping since I didn't supply a date, that's the reason no has responded. Crying or Very sad I should be back by the 30th of September. So anytime after that would be great if any on the Seattle area C&Z members what to get together for dinner.
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bainst it is wonderful to hear you will be returning home soon. Sadly I'm not in Seattle to join you in a celebration lunch. I hope you have fun getting to know the food scene when you settle in.
bluedog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How wonderful you will be returning home! I am in Seattle, and would love to have a toast. (I apologize I missed this the first pass).

I must admit in advance I have a complicated schedule due to work and toddlers, but will find time. Send me a message about your upcoming schedule!

There are a few other C&Z posts here and there from Seattle, so I hope some others will pipe up. Seattle is also host to some other great bloggers (2 w/ upcoming cookbooks, too!). Too bad Erin is not presently in her home turf! She knows more about NW eats!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "search" option of these forums it is possible to search for members by location, and only about 15 say they hail from Seattle--bluedog being the most active poster by far, it looks like. C&Z is far-flung but maybe quirkily distributed.

Bainst, you must be holding your breath!
Welcome back, and thank you.
bainst

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Very Happy Although I'm not quite home yet. Bluedog, that is perfectly okay. I definitely understand a complicated schedule. When I get back to the states, my work and weekend schedule are a lot more flexable than my schedule out here. So when a collective group of us get together, we can decide on a date and make it work. Wink
bluedog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of great places to eat here, so it will be fun to have an excuse for a culinary tour!

Looking forward to meeting you, and hearing that you have safely gotten back to native soil!
bainst

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone that is interested in getting together. Pick a date between the 24th of October and the 10th of November, a locations starting from Olympia to Seattle. And see if we can make this happen. Very Happy
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! I wish I could be there. If you want any suggestions let me know.

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: