Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

name that Stohrer tarte

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackiepatricia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: name that Stohrer tarte Reply with quote

Hi I spent Christmas in Paris with my husband. We rented an apartment and had a fantastic time shopping for and cooking our Christmas meal. We bought a tart from Stohrer patissier in rue Montergeuil. In our "just get by french" we asked what was in it and were told chestnuts, apples and frangipane. It had a domed top decorated with a miniature apple.
Does anyone know it's name and is there a recipe out there anywhere?
thank you.
Jackiepatricia
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't ring a bell, but next time I'm in the neighborhood I will drop by and ask!
And if the others are curious about the pastry shop, Stohrer has a website (turn off your speakers if you're at work).
jackiepatricia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI any news on the name of the tart?
minty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ! i don't have your answer, but maybe I can help : if you go to the following website :

http://www.stohrer.fr/

you can get a list of all the patisserie's specialties in pdf format ! one of the tarts is called "tarte flambee chiboust" or something like that -forgot already Embarassed - it's apples with a chiboust cream - or the one they call "tarte aux pommes" which is with frangipani ie almonds
no mention of chestnuts though, but in France chestnuts are usually a seasonal item, and patissiers usually make special versions of their desserts during chestnut season (winter) ...

hope I helped you some, but I'll try to go to Stohrer soon and see for myself, as you got me quite intrigued, and my fatehr loves chestnuts ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: