Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

themed clothing 'n APEC 'n Sydney the ghost town
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh it's a goer!...Edna is quite particular about things...such as the removal...hugs
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last photo in the following slideshow says it all...at the moment..a great city with hardly any people in it...devoid of life..except 21 world leaders and their crews...and media...I guess there will be particular life in Sydney for the next few days...

http://www.smh.com.au/multimedia/2007/national/sydney-apec-ghost-town/index.html
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our TV channels did an item last night on the Apec clothing photo and suggested budgie smugglers. At lunch on Sunday a friend who has met Dame Edna or rather Barry Humphries had a funny story about him. Sorry not something I can share on the forum.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Barbara..you tease you!

'n given the mention of the smugglers..methinks there might have been a definition from you...I await Wink

perhaps the APEC folk will simply appear as the emperor of long ago...naked...

the USA Commander in Chief arrived last night...I was driving with my nephew and a friend of his...they're 16..the night sky gave us 3 enormous helicopters...flying close...keeping an eye on the motocade I guess...

this, a letter in today's Herald:

How much money can be spent on one person to travel to a conference to talk about poverty and improving people's standards of living?

today I'm to go to the city...book buying for my brother who is unable to get a particular read ...so I will amble the streets...weave my way through the wires...

another letter:

Given the over-the-top security, draconian laws, Berlin-inspired fence and intimidation of protesters, will the still secret APEC outfit turn out to be brown shirts with armbands?

'n today the skies are as grey as can be...rain predicted...a soggy APEC..so maybe the water cannon won't be needed...yep...they've a water cannon..

one more letter:
I am feverishly training my car to look suspicious. Hopefully I will be able to park it in the vicinity of that new water cannon on wheels and get a much needed wash. Would it matter that it's an American car - should I disguise it?

as you might gather...not a lot of support from the Sydney folk..

there is a thread running through the letters page!

another:

Perhaps Sydneysiders, on behalf of many around the country, could put flowers along the fence as a peaceful protest against the Iraq war and as a memorial for freedom of speech.

ok moi is off to wander the ghost town..
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a fun post, Madame--prickly around balloons, you are! We have fellow here on TV name o' Jon Stewart, he recently showed footage of the Tour de France cyclists smuggling plums. Could be similar to what Barbara refers to..

It does seem ridiculous to upheave a huge busy city, I *can't imagine* how they justify..I would love to hear how they justify..

I swear I didn't vote for him! I didn't vote for him twice.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale..if you open this page:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cop-an-eyeful-of-this-protest/2007/09/05/1188783293066.html

under the photo is a related coverage section..click on photos: The Eagle has landed

sit and take in the images...such a look on Condoleezza's face as she travels alongside her president...

as for what George and John might talk about...perhaps approval ratings dropped further and further ...

ah well...we all live on this planet together...all on the same field...doing what we do...making choices...

hugs

oh as for the budgie smugglers...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=budgie+smugglers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: