Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Visions of the year 2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Visions of the year 2000 Reply with quote

Oh, check these out! http://expositions.bnf.fr/utopie/feuill/index.htm

They're illustrations done by the French artist Villemard (unknown to me but perhaps a familiar name in Franch or Europe) and published in 1910.

Some are a bit silly like being shaved by a Rube Goldberg articulated machine. But check out his concept of digital image and voice transmission. I also enjoyed his pic of what looks not unlike a modern language or self-directed learning lab with one of les étudiants cranking the generator that runs the electronics.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, I didn't think even light bulbs were used a *lot* in 1910 (?) so this guy was truly looking forward with accuracy! The "diner chimique" ("chemical dinner") is funny--the waiter seems to be carrying a tray of pills. Not exactly el bulli, or astronaut tube food, or even the horrid chips made with oil-that-goes-right-through-you, but he saw something in his food imagination, and it wasn't organic local produce.
I guess he was a scientific type and had no interest in fashion--his 'year 2000' ladies are wearing 1910 dresses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: