Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Spamalot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Spamalot Reply with quote

http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/characters.php

Can you begin to imagine how thrilled one of my dear friends might be...her neice Lucinda is to play The Lady of the Lake in the Australian production!!!!!!

Over the years I've seen her grow up..and that she's playing this role is no surprise...she is full to the brim ...oh and more...with energy...

exciting PLUS methinks

The associate director of the Broadway production speaking of Lucinda:

We saw Lucinda on our second day of auditions in Sydney and we thought, that's the benchmark; somone is going to have to beat her. She was the first one where we thought. OK, that's what we want. And we started to think about the rest of the casting in terms of what would work with her. We thought, we can't not hire her. Lucinda has this incredible life about her. When she walked into the room and sang those songs, we all really wanted to listen to them - and that's after listening to them an awful lot over a long, long time. She also has pipes of iron. On her thried audition, she ran through every song in the show twice, thiich is almost impossible, and she was not only still talking, she was still singing. And , of course, she's a complete babe.

....Even so, Laurence admits that when he took the dvd of her auditions back to Mike Nichols, the director wasn't quite as smitten "When he first saw them he said, "Isn't she awfully young?' (24)...because we all thought she was great, he was prepared to go with our judgement. Then, when he met her in person in New York, he said, "Now I get it!" He could see there was something special.

Goosebumps have appeared as I type this!!!!

go YOU GAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am tickled pink for her...and her dear family...

Last edited by madameshawshank on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! What a fabulous bit of news. Congratulations to Lucinda.

Thank you for sharing Madame

gros bisous
swan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is WONDERFUL!!!

that would have been my ultimate dream - beinig in a musical.
Now if only I could sing Very Happy

Thanks for sharing!
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the young lady you're discussing but it sounds like such a fun play to do!
Donna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw this in New York a couple of years ago. Lady of the Lake is a HUGE role! How absolutley wonderful for Lucinda to get this brilliant opportunity! I'm thrilled for her - and her family and friends! What fun it will be to go see her!

Felicitations, Lucinda! Break a leg! Laughing
emilyj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How wonderful Madame and such praise from the producers! Your friend must be SO proud
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emilyj, proud doesn't even come close!!!!!!!! she is simply bursting at the seams with joy...and to meet Lucinda is to meet sheer and utter exuberance ~ she beams as a starburst night sky...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: