Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Getting together in Paris - early Nov 07 -Anyone interested?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, I'll see what I can do re catalogues and such. And I'll look for the cat on a leash...! I've never seen that before, I always thought cats were too above that sort of thing!

Mtngirl,

Look for the tall skinny guy with glasses talking to the lady with the cat and a man with a beer... that will be me, Debbie, Debbie's other half and the famous Guy La Griffe!

It would be great if Clotilde can make it too, tho' she may be in the kitchen puzzling over some other amazing delight... who knows? The Cooking Clotilde cooks and writes on...!
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be pretty easy to spot as we will all be talking in english!!

I am very tall, blond curly hair (now short) and my husband is very tall and dark. I am always in trousers and have a bright raspberry red handbag.... cannot miss it. There are photos in the "meeting C&Z'ers" topic. Just remember my hair is shorter and I am much thinner than back then...... otherwise I look exactly the same.

Hopefully Guy will be calmer by then. We had a bad 2 days with him being very skittish and running around the appt like a maniac. Will restart leash training tomorrow.

Griffin, he is such a sticky beak that he doesn't mind the harness as he thinks he is going to see something new. Same as he has to get in the shower with me even though he gets wet. I can do anything to him and he loves it and comes back for more. Very cute, but not without its frustrations.
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
There is a chance that I'll be traveling that week, but if I'm in town I will do my best to pop by!
Clotilde.
Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Clotilde, the travelling cook! If you come it will be good to see you, if you are travelling, know that a glass will be raised in your honour o kitchen goddess!

Quote:
he is such a sticky beak that he doesn't mind the harness as he thinks he is going to see something new. Same as he has to get in the shower with me even though he gets wet.

Surely sticky whiskers? So now you know how to get him clean, just have a shower!! What a kooky kat! And yet, so handsome... sigh!
Mtngirl6co

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Meet Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.. I'll look for you both and the raspberry bag!

Linda
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London - so expensive!! I agree. Thanks Griffin for elaborating on the exhibits. My son, daughter-in-law and 3 year-old Eloise are there now visiting her other grandparents. This is something Jane and Thomas would really enjoy seeing. Eloise is really only interested in visiting her old boyfriend, "Big Ben" LOL. Thanks again!

I am really looking forward to seeing as many of our C&Zers next month. Anybody heard from Erin?

-Lilia
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen pictures of you, Debbie and Griffin - so I think I will be able to recognize you both.

If you see a salt-n-pepper haired 60-ish person with or without a hat with a natural tan (born with it) and a big, goofy smile (Paris does that to me), that would be me. And I wear glasses but not as intellectual looking as Griffin.

Hope Clotilde makes it - We all know what she looks like!

Simona - I just realized this will be my 100th post. When our most avid posters are already in their thousands - what a slowpoke!!!! Will try to do better in the future.
simona

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Lilia, 100 posts is the right path to 1000 posts!
Just keep on writing, and I count on all of you to share with all of us your meeting ( including photos, please) in November. I'm happy, Griffin, that the British Home Office finally ,- and graciously I hope-, provided you with that old-fashioned piece of paper named a Passport. So no more excuses not to get out from your island and hop to the continent. I'll be probably in NY by then ( or not..) . Have a good time , all of you,

No more war, more friendly meetings around the world.
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona,

How nice you are going to New York! I haven't been to New York since my eldest move to Strasbourg which was to last a couple of years. It has been 4 years and she's still there.

I was reading some past posts on travelling and I completely missed the time when you will be coming to the San Francisco area. I don't remember what I was doing at the time. Must have been some health issues of my Mom. That was a long drawn out episode of illnesses. It would have been so good to meet you and yours and share a meal in Chinatown. Hopefully at another time, another place.......

In the meantime, it will be good to meet some forum posters in Paris where it all began - or was the seed planted while Clotilde was still in Mountain View (Silicon Valley)? Am pretty sure there will be some pictures and a big blast!

-Lilia
simona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilia, a meal in Chinatown it will be, maybe with other friends from around San Francicso . Finally I didn't make it to LA and SF last year as planned, because somebody , something , somewhere had other plans for my husband's health. So , if things will improve, we might be in NY in November and in he West coast sometimes in March 2008. If...I can't really plan too much in advance, so I'm taking life day by day. Paris is planned for February, as always for the five or so last years, but that's not sure either.
I hope you'll have a wondeful meeting and holiday in France and one day, we'll met in SF . I adore chinese food and when in the States, I practically live ( from the culinary pointof view) in Chinatowns. But I'll be happy of course to host you in Israel, if your trips will take you to this beautiful and "active" region.

No more war, let's get together, ye ye ye!
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone, Erin and Phil are not going to make it to Paris in November. So sorry to hear that. Phil's grandmother has been ill and they want to be close by.

Erin, I'll be sending you good thoughts and prayers for an early recovery. I went through quite a bit of that last year in my during my Mom's ilness. Bon courage, Erin and Phil!

Simona, I will be looking forward to March. I know it is still too early. Maybe we can have Donna come to the City.

Donna, I missed you in May during Clotilde's book tour. You are so close and yet seems sooo farrrr.

I will be in Elko, NV all of next week for our annual tribal environmental conference but will be back on October 22 to get ready for our Paris trip. My best to all!
swan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all, I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it to Paris for this meeting. Both work and other upcoming travel plans make it wise to be at home for a couple of weeks. Hope you all have a FABULOUS day and I look forward to stories and pictures!!
Erin, all the best...
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh! Sad Sorry folks, I'm not going to be able to make this either as getting the flights to and from is proving near impossible and the middle of the week is going to mean I'll be working.

As a temp at the moment, I have to work or I don't get paid... so apart from the 9th (my birthday) I'm going to have to be working. Other than that it's going to be waiting to see if I get the job in Leeds... at which point I would have to be setting myself up to live there.

Er... January anybody?! After Christmas is out of the way? I do intend to get to Paris at some point - I didn't get that new passport for nothing par Toutatis!
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
Counting the days - the hours - my flight leaves tomorrow at 4:30 pm Pacific time. Here's hoping that the Air France strike will be over by this evening.
I will be at the appointed time at Cafe Le Petit Pont on Wednesday, November 7. Looking forward to meeting fellow C&Zers there.
Will report back upon return.
-Lilia
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, today is the day....

Who will be there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: