Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

highlights of travels..that oh-so-tricky question:-)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eww, 41C and about 98% humidity, not my idea of a nice summer day at all. It gets to 40 and above quite often here in summer, but it's a really dry heat, which makes it much more tolerable.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Winter it is then!

one man's Broome is another man's poison and all that...
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a whole month there a few years back. It was in september and it was perfect.

The temp did reach 40 degrees a few days, but no humidity. One thing which was amazing was the sea fog each morning. It was so thick you couldn't see anything.

Barbara, your cousins obviously didn't discover the fabulous cafe that I did. I spent each morning there watching Broome wake up and enjoying breakfast and writing postcards/letters etc.

THe staircase was gorgeous and I loved walking around the dinosaur footprints. It was incredible to see the size and depth of them after all these years have passed. We went to Willi Creek for the pearls. Fabulous place and interesting as well.

Went to Geiki Gorge and Windjana Gorge (the day the earthquake hit there - biggest one recorded in Australia) and spent some time at Eco BEach - which sadly no longer exists as it was wiped off the coast by a massive cyclone a few years back. Wandered around camping through the Kimberley and enjoying the wild seemingly untouched space.

I could go back to Broome in a heartbeat. Absolutely incredible and the whole of that region was fascinating.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie Darling...the name of the cafe? if thou can recall...this Broome gig is looking ever more lovely...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: