Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

My Raspberries need chocolate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millciti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: My Raspberries need chocolate Reply with quote

My son and I started reading your Blog this spring. Then we bought your book earlier this summer and made your Raspberry & Chocolate cake or Torte... not sure exactly what the name was, but it was wonderful!! Alas my son has run off to Vancouver for 6 months with the Book. Fall came late this year and there was a beautiful fall crop of fresh raspberries to be picked. Can you help, the raspberries are languishing in my fridge and will sadly be a loss soon. I have written him, but I think he may be out of communication for the time being... I know I could freeze them... but the left overs from the cake would make such a nice garnish Smile
melinda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess ur asking for the recipe? it is one of my all time favs....and u can use frozen berries too.....just quickly...it's 2 sticks butter, 8 oz choc, 1 cup sugar, 4 eggs, 1 and half cup berries, one third cup flour, 1 tsp kosher salt (i didn't use quite that much)....350 degrees, 10 inch pan

melt choc & butter, add sugar, let cool, add eggs one by one

mash berries roughly & add to batter, sift in flour & add salt

bake 30 min, turn oven off & bake another 5...cool, cover with plastic & refrigerate

it's great if u put a piece in the micro for a few seconds...tastes like a chocolat moelleux (gooey on inside) slurp

i think this one will appear at thanksgiving & xmas...keeps forever in fridge ....but will disappear quickly
deniseka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate is great, however raspberry with some iced coffee is way better to my taste. Chocolate is best with cognac. Very Happy
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deniseka, as far as I am concerned, Chocolate is good with everything!!... but I may be a little biased! Very Happy

Cognac after Apple Crumble is good... it aids the sleepy effect!

Haven't had raspberries with coffee, but I'll clearly have to try it... purely in the interests of research of course! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: