Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Hot hot chocolate recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeSweets---This seems like a simple problem. In this recipe, it should just be a matter of personal taste. Just try combining various milks until you find the one you like best--or use only one kind. The cost of milk and the time involved will be minimal.
JT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeSweets wrote:
I'm sorry "women" and "men". I didn't mean to discriminate. Ha! I was mostly aiming it to those who had recently posted in this forum who were mostly women. :-p I see a James and David now...sorry James and David.

So men and women...do you think it matters if you use whole milk compared to reduced fat or even skim? Razz

whole milk is better, makes it silkier and richer.

i am surprised no else in this forum had an answer to this query as they certainly had so much else to say.
srk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite basic hot chocolate recipe uses 1% milk (a nice compromise on the milkfat issue, richer than skim but not decadent), cocoa powder (I prefer Droste's), and sugar. For one 8 oz-ish cup of milk, I use a heaping teaspoon (or more) of cocoa and a flat teaspoon of sugar. It dresses up nicely with Kahlua, Bailey's, amaretto, creme de menthe, etc - but not kirsch, which turns out to curdle milk!.
GiveMeSweets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srk wrote:
My favorite basic hot chocolate recipe uses 1% milk (a nice compromise on the milkfat issue, richer than skim but not decadent), cocoa powder (I prefer Droste's), and sugar. For one 8 oz-ish cup of milk, I use a heaping teaspoon (or more) of cocoa and a flat teaspoon of sugar. It dresses up nicely with Kahlua, Bailey's, amaretto, creme de menthe, etc - but not kirsch, which turns out to curdle milk!.

Thanks for the advice on what % of milk is best everyone. I think I will go along and try this Candy Cane Hot Chocolate recipe with no worries then. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: