Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Excellent nibbles and an easy dessert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Excellent nibbles and an easy dessert Reply with quote

Most of you probably already have Christmas dinner (and Eve, breakfast, brunch, etc.) all figured out. (Me too--..Georgia, I'm making the Languedoc style spareribs you posted for me. Did you ever get around to the "Free Range Fruitcake" from Alton Brown?)

But if you're still cooking, these keep airtight 2 weeks.
The best spiced nuts I've found so far, not boring like some!

tp://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001033.html

And this is a recipe for an ice cream cake--but you can skip the cake presentation--the instructions include good peppermint ice cream, which is pretty and tasty all by itself..

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/108968?mbid=rss_epinr

To all of you--
(my greeting to avoid the new December-January what-to-say problem) --
Peace On Earth!
georgia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, GP. My one grandson loves anything peppermint, so if I don't get around to peppermint ice cream for Christmas, I'll try to do it soon.

Didn't get to the fruitcake since I still have a hefty chunk of last year's Christmas Cake (from Britain's Delia Smith) in the freezer, and it still tastes fine. That will be the fruitcake entry on this year's dessert buffet. I always make a buche de Noel but this year have decided to do my old standby cheesecake, which everyone loves and I can make entirely ahead. At this point, I've got 4 kinds of cookies made (butter, gingerbread, biscotti, and bourbon balls), with more to come, plus candied orange peel. Still may do the buche, however, since I can't imagine the table without it. Maybe I'll just place my C&Z buche photo on the table and be done with it!

And, after all my hand-wringing over capon or no capon, I'm going with a crown roast of pork. Confused

For the first time in my entire life (no kidding), I finished up everything (shopping, wrapping, decorating) with time to spare and time to relax and devote to baking without stress. What a great feeling. I wonder if I'll ever be able to do it again.

Happy Late Hannukah/Merry Christmas/Good Solstice/Happy New Year/Peace on Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: