Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Free tastings, regional producers, rue St. Paul this weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randysea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Free tastings, regional producers, rue St. Paul this weekend Reply with quote

Starting today and going to Sunday is a multi-regional exposition of food products by the producers themselves. This one is called Marché des Producteurs de Pays. It is in the Marais (Paris 4ème Arr.) in the Village St. Paul. This is great fun with everything from cheese to nuts to mushrooms to wine to oysters to buy and, in many cases, taste for free. I just had a delicious "farçous", sort of a fat pancake with shallots, chives, and various other things, pan fried, for 1,50€. It looked like a potato latke but it`s acutally made with crêpe batter. The mushrooms, nut oils, cheeses, and cakes I tasted for free.

I`m about to go back with a platter for oysters. I'm no expert on regional differences, but a dozen No. 3 for 9€ look pretty good. They also have 0 and 00 giants for a little more. The woman said she`d open them for me if I came with my own platter. Since I live about 75 meters away, I`ve just come home for the platter.

If you haven't been to the Village St. Paul before, this weekend is a great time. It is basically 4 or 5 courtyards behind the shops of the rue St. Paul. Nearest métros are St. Paul (line 1) and Sully-Morland (line 7).

Keep an eye out for a bearded fellow in a black coat who loooks like my little avatar. That could actually be me. I expect to pop in and out several times in the next few days.
Randysea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: update: the oysters Reply with quote

Oyster update:

They are from the bay of Arachon, cost 7,50 euros for No. 3s, 8 euros for No. 2s, and the OO giants are sold individually.

I tasted two of the No. 3s just now. Again, I'm no oyster expert, but these seemed very fresh and clean tasting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: