Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Kitchen utensil stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonniebunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Kitchen utensil stores Reply with quote

Could those of you who live in Paris and those of you who know it well give lists of the best stores to go to buy cooking goods and utensils.

I was there in October and went to E.Dehillerin in 1e and it was wonderful....very rustic. I got a lovely lot of tiny pastry cases for my business. I saw the list Clotilde has on the blog so I shall visit those next time. I also went to the department store at Hotel De Ville and got a few odds. I could fill a shipping container with their choice of pots and pans.

So if any have further stores they recommend that would be wonderful.
They do not necessarily have to be just in Paris. All world cities would be good too. I am not talking about gift type kitchen stores but the real deal.
I do have some great lists of online stores so if they can be added to that would make me happy too......

So in anticipation many thanks and happy cooking blogworld friends!

bonnie
Barbara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dehillerin is the only one I know of. I'm sure Clotilde has the best ones listed.
Randysea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a dedicated, but amateur, French pastry chef, I have bought a lot of cookware, molds, etc., made by the company Matfer. I shlepped many things home from Paris, bought at all the stores mentioned in threads here (Mora, Simon, Bovida, and BHV). The first three are my favorite toy stores in Paris, and the specialty food shops G. Detout (pastry supplies) and Epicerie de Bruno (spices, unudual salts, etc.) are close by in the rue Tiquetonne.

Then I made a useful discovery. There is a North American distributor with almost the entire Matfer line, sold over the Internet at significantly lower prices than in Paris. It is less fun than shopping here, but a real savings. Here is the US distributor

By the way, if you do shop in Paris, you might consider the comments I found on another board, posted by an American chef in Paris named Braden:

"I have actually found that Mora has the best prices, while E. Dehillerin and Bovida compete for MORE expensive. Across Etienne Marcel from Bovida is A.Simon which is the hands down winner for MOST expensive. The thing I like about Mora is that ALL of their goods have prices on them. At the other places you have to pick each thing item, then get someone to look it up, or dig through and epic sized book of 8 digit numbers."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: