Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in February
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Paris in February Reply with quote

well, it's official! We are going to Paris for my birthday! We will arrive on Feb. 8th and depart Feb. 14th.

It's been a dream for a few years and my husband is spoiling me a little for this birthday. I got a really great deal on airline tickets and found a cute little apartment in the 5eme arrondissement - right around the corner from Shakespeare Books! Our son will join us for a few of the days.

Now, the only thing left to make it a perfect week would be to meet some C&Z'ers while we're there!

So, I'm proposing a get together on Feb. 11th or 12th at a time a place agreeable to all. If you're in Paris, or planning to be in Paris, let's make a date!

Donna

Laughing
Rachel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you - can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday!

Unfortunately I'm not due to go to Paris until March, so I'll miss meeting you. Sad I can at least recommend Les Annees Folles (the exhibition on 1920s fashion at the Musee Galliera) - if you're at all interested, do go, it's wonderful!
Donna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Rachel, I realize that February is not everyone's idea of the ideal time to be in Paris! But it is second only to Christmas in Paris for me! (That's next on my list!)

I am sorry to be missing you. I was hoping some of the British C&Z crowd might have it one their itinerary - just because it's close.

But Debbie and I are in touch and hoping to connect - which would make me so happy!

Also, I have friends in Normandy who are coming down for my actual birthday. And our son will be joining us!

So here's a question for this globe trotting crowd. I'd love to take some Paul Bertolli Fra Mani salumi to my Normand friend Philippe. Does anyone have any idea if I can get that through customs going into France?
Melly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that it isn't a problem to bring food into the EU, just the other way around when you go home. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. I'd much rather be there in February than in July with the hordes.
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the planning and packing going?? Are you excited yet?

Am compiling a list of places and will email them to you so you can choose and then post here where the meeting will be.

I am excited!!
Donna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, I am [color=darkred]BEYOND[/color] excited! I plan to take some time this weekend to plan exactly what I want to do - because of course I want to do EVERYTHING!

I am so hoping that you and I will be able to connect. I had a long talk with Rainey tonight and she is so happy to hear about the trip and that I might see you (she'e a big fan! Cool ). And I feel so grateful that you are thinking of places to go!

I am traveling light on the way over so I will have room in my bag on the way back for my purchases. I am planning on this being primarily a gastronomic tour - with a few museums thrown in the mix for good measure. Mostly, I just want to be walking around Paris, inhaling it! It has been three years since we've been there - too long!

Again, I put out the call...if you are interested in getting to gether in Paris on the 11th or 12th of February, I would be delighted to meet you! Have a drink and/or a meal!

Anyway, Debbie, I certainly hope that all goes well and we are able to meet! I'll bring pictures of Zeus - my fur baby!

Laughing
georgia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna will be travelling light on her way to Paris so that she has room in her bag for...........................georgia......................who is so envious she can hardly breathe... Crying or Very sad
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I have picked myself up off the floor from laughing (Georgia, I love your sense of humour and your.... comic.... timing).

Donna, that is what I do too! Pack light on the way, come back so overweight that it isn't funny. Last time I went to Australia I had a huge suitcase, of which I had one outfit and the essential undergarments - the rest was gifts and baby clothes for my friends and families new additions. On the way back to Paris it was so overloaded that I had to post heaps of stuff and was still overweight by 10 kilos..... Embarassed But I had to stock up on vegemite and other Aussie essentials while I could. Laughing

Looking forward to seeing you Donna, and will email you monday with possible places to catch up. Give Rainey a big hug from me.

Cannot wait to see pics of Zeus also!
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna,

Have a wonderful birthday. I wish I could be there, but... I'm not working for the next two weeks or the one just gone so I can't afford to come just then. But I do intend a Paris trip some time this year, possibly April. As you say, it's been too long. For me, as a temp worker it's more expensive too... ok, also because I keep seeing gorgeous things I want online... Asos.com has a lot to answer for!
Barbara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna have a wonderful trip and fabulous birthday in Paris. Hug Debbie for me.
David

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna and Debbie--------in the same place-------without me Sad Sad
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but David you need to be home making sure you have enough linens and crockery for when we all descend on you...... Laughing

Off to make breakfast now. Then to pack as we are out of Paris for a week. Good thing as it will make the time go more quickly till Donna is here and we get to eat and drink and be merry!
Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really wish EVERYONE could be there.

Georgia, you are so welcome to squeeze into my luggage, as long as you understand that there won't be room for you on the return leg! You're on your own! Although I sincerely doubt that you would leave town with that new bundle of granddaughter around needing her Grandmere!

Barbara - will post a pic of the hug! I am so looking forward to meeting Debbie!

Griffin - boo hoo...you're breaking my heart! :(You and Sam (my husband) both have such a quirky sense of humor. I know you would get along so well - and have the rest of moaning and groaning and rolling with laughter!

David - you COULD choose Paris over Boston and P'town! Yes, it could be Donna & Debbie & David! The Three D's! The D-namic Trio! Think about it! We could plan the Ottawa reunion in Paris!Laughing

I have been thinking about my birthday dinner and have about decided on Aux Lyonnais, the Alain Ducasse resto in the 2eme. Unless Clotilde has a better suggestion based on her new books, which, sadly, will come out after my trip! (Clotilde, are you listening?)

However, I continue to take suggestions! Lilia sent me a lovely long list of cafes and restos! And we have a couple of places we've found on other trips. And my friends Armelle & Philippe are coming down from Granville in Normandy and Philippe's brother lives in Paris and may have some ideas as well!
georgia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Donna. I'm coming. My new granddaughter (being my granddaughter, after all...) will understand. Besides, it's my year to have that b'day, too! So far, my broad hints about Paris are falling on deaf ears (I think...this is the same husband who surprised me with Paris when I turned 40, so I'm not counting myself out yet!)

As long as you promise you will think of me for just one moment during that week, I'll forego my Houdini imitation and not stuff myself into votre baggage. That way, for one breath, I'll be in Paris. Good enough for the moment...

Bon voyage, mon ami...
David

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie---you're not suggesting I---------clean the place are you?? Very Happy

Donna yes it would have been a superb idea, alas too late this time. But isn't there a C & Z 5th anniversary coming up this autumn?????? Clotilde??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: