Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in February
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona - have a wonderful t ime! Get a massage for me! Wink

I hope you get into Aux Lyonnais and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna- I'm a little slow and have to let information "steep" sometimes. I woke up this morning making the connection between Ben's story telling skills and affinity for the visual. Now I can see that this is no ordinary album printed off iPhoto. I'm sure it is a very warm and personal narrative of a memorable family event.

I'm so tickled for you! I bet, in some enduring way, this will be even better than the actual trip.

I hope I get to see it sometime when we're up there again.
Donna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few photos from the album, taken from Ben's Flickr page. If this works, I'll post some more.

Rainey, you are quite correct. It is a very specical memento of the time we spent together. And I can see that he was planning this the whole time!

OK - here goes! Will it work or not?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamin_harrison/2297625512/in/set-72157603997817944/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamin_harrison/2296855387/in/set-72157603997817944/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamin_harrison/2296857129/in/set-72157603997817944/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamin_harrison/2297678426/in/set-72157603997817944/
Donna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! Actually, you just have to click on the first one and his whole Paris set is there. There are a lot of photos that aren't in my book, and of course I have some narrative that's not on Flickr!. But - enjoy!

Next I will have to post MY pics on Flickr to share with you - especially the pic of Debbie, Wayne and Guy le Griffe!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, Ben's photos are superb! Thanks for sharing them with us. Looking forward to seeing yours.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely son you have Donna!!

The photos are great. Wayne and I sat and watched them this morning.

Thank you for sharing
Rachel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing photographer he is! And how lucky you are, to have not only had what sounds (and looks) like the trip of a lifetime, but to now have such a marvelous way to remember it!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that little trip to Paris, Donna! (and son). Some of it, like the wind tunnel trains, look SO fast and modern and everything else looks so damned exquisite and gorgeous.
Judy, you must be spending a lot of time planning so you can optimize your time in France? Do you speak French?
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerpale, I've spent a bit of time reading but haven't really done too much yet. We're off to Hobart in Tasmania this morning for a few days - another overseas trip! When we get home I'll do some concentrated research.

I learnt French at school, but haven't actually dusted it off and tried it out for quite a while. Greg has copied some audiobooks for us to (try) to learn from.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna- Did you see the fireworks go up? Something's wrong with our wireless broadcaster and I haven't been able to stay online for more than 10 minutes at a time for 4 days. And it took about that long to get through Ben's pix.

Thanks so much for the suggestion of going directly to Flick'r via the single photo link. I was able to see the 3 sets for each of his days there.

He got some great pix — not the least being his pix of you and Sam. VERY special! Must have been the spirit of the trip. You were looking very Parisienne in ton éscarpe verte.

Loved the two with the leaping water as the foreground too. And, well, all of them. Besides, I think I can mabbee see the moment when the baker is reflecting on Sam's enthusiastic presentation on no-knead bread... Wink
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna,

What beautiful pictures! Ben is such a good photographer. I took only a few pictures when we were there but mostly, the camera stayed in the hotel room.

I have just read your report and what fun! The past two years, missed celebrating my birthday in Paris (which is also in February but ealier than yours) - 2007 because of my mother's illness and this year because I had just been in the fall. Your birthday meal sounded great - typical Lyonaisse meal. We went there a couple of years ago with friends who grew up in Lyon and he did the ordering for us. It was freezing cold that year - the whole two weeks we had the Siberian winter.

Nice to read that you also enjoyed Cafe Constant - it is one of my favorite places to have lunch. That was my old neighborhood so I always try to pop in there at rue Saint Dominique and rue Cler for nostalgic visits.

We have to try and get-together now that it is becoming springlike in the Bay area.
georgia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, I just had a chance to view Ben's photos and to vicariously experience your lovely holiday. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Ben has a wonderful eye for just the right image.

Though I loved all of the Paris photos, my favorite is the one of you and Sam with your head on his shoulder. Immediately, I thought of the old song ("Second Time Around", I think) that goes "...makes me think, perhaps, that Love -- like Youth -- is wasted on the Young..."

...Also reminded me that being young at heart is more important than the numbers anyway Laughing ...at least, that's what I keep telling myself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: