Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Heath Ledger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Heath Ledger Reply with quote

am reminded of story...that each of our lives is story...made up of moments that are all interconnected...

and over and over this day I recall the film...how I managed to walk to the car after seeing the film...not quite sure how I got home...after seeing the film..

bon voyage I wish his spirit...

Annie Proulx was asked to comment on Heath's portrayal of Ennis. Her reply:Heath Ledger is just almost really beyond description as far as I'm concerned. He got inside the story more deeply than I did. All that thinking about the character of Ennis that was so hard for me to get, Ledger just was there. He did indeed move inside the skin of the character, not just in the shirt but inside the person. It was remarkable.

The remarkable gift of that story...and the remarkable gift of the film...

another bon voyage...journey well dear Heath...journey well...

things must a bit a kilter...I went to put a piece of bread in a radio..the toaster is next to it...a little off kilter at the moment...

such a scene outside the building...in the throng, a man holding his camera to his face...ah, the snap he'll have of the day he was outside the building where Heath Ledger died...

methinks there's a chuckle from the clouds...

'n all the .....................that comes from death...any and all ..

Last edited by madameshawshank on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How tragic that a young man with, what from the outside seems to be the near perfect life - good health, youth, a successful career, a comfortable existence, should feel so utterly hopeless and lost that he would have to take his own life. What a waste and a shame.

Perhaps it illustrates the painful scrutiny we put celebrities under
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicki...we are all much more that what is on show to the world...each of us is more that what is seen...we are more than what we see in the mirror...the wonder and the challenge of the unseen...
georgia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, I just knew you would post something about this sad loss.

Oddly, this morning I was reading online (I think it was the NYTimes, but now I'm not certain) that the news media had come in for some criticism for amassing a large collection of pre-written obituaries for young well-knowns. Of course, older people of accomplishment in many different fields have pre-written articles about them, but this referred specifically to the very young--and very much at-risk--celebrities. I would bet money that no one saw this one coming.

28 is too young to die, no matter who you are. But if there is a memorial to this young man, it might surely be that extraordinary, truthful, heartbreaking performance in "Brokeback Mountain".

How sad for him and those who loved him.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgia darlin'...too young to die..ah...the expectation we have of life...

'tis but a moment of the grand moment...from the moment we make that initial appearance on the scene..be it in womb or test tube...from the moment...we begin the journey to death...that's what being alive entails...plus of course...

'tis the time for Heath's story to reach that part...his story...all our stories will have a certain, a particular close...

a dear friend rang this morn...we spoke of life...I think it intriguing that some are saying....oh he had looks career home in New York awards and soooooooooooo on...as if that's the measure of a life...a measure of who one is...as if the 'what's on show' is the BEing of one...

we are sooooooooooooooooooooo much much more..golly..have I written of this in the first post...can't remember on this day...

from a report in a Sydney paper:
Although he couldn't comment specifically on the case, general practitioner Dr John Gullotta spoke in general about the effect this class of drugs can have on the body.

"In general, pneumonia can be a fatal condition if it progresses and it hasn't got better," Dr Gullotta, who is also the chairman of the therapeutic committee of the Australian Medical Association, said.

"Sometimes sleeping tables can add to that and can cause respiratory problems. The class of sleeping tablet can dampen down breathing. It all depends how many [the person] takes and the dosage."

In an interview with The New York Times in November, Ledger admitted his role as the Joker in the upcoming film, The Dark Knight, had made him feel so stressed he was unable to sleep.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," he said. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going," Ledger said.

He told the interviewer he had taken one Ambien tablet, but it had failed to work so he took another, fell into a deep stupor, then woke an hour later feeling agitated.

Last edited by madameshawshank on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 8 2006...much water under many bridges since then..however a taste:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/tale-of-an-untrained-homeboy/2008/01/23/1201024944702.html
georgia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...perhaps i am particularly sensitive to issues of life and death these days...my 2nd granddaughter, 4th grandchild, was born last saturday...i'm just thinking everyone should be as fortunate as i am to live long enough to see one's children's children...i cannot begin to describe the joy and the sobering...

xoxox g.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgia, kisses and hugs ...yep to those...for all..and for all..
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How tragic that a young man with, what from the outside seems to be the near perfect life - good health, youth, a successful career, a comfortable existence, should feel so utterly hopeless and lost that he would have to take his own life. What a waste and a shame.

I understand why anyone would want to die. Life is struggle for it's own sake. If we are lucky enough to find some peace and comfort then the struggle is a little easier, but it's still there. To live is to be at risk from pains, fears and sorrows... but to die, to sleep. The dead - given the available evidence - feel neither pain, fear nor sorrow... nor joys.

To be in the world is to be ultimately alone within one's flesh and blood-bone and there is little hope and we are frequently lost. The tragedy it seems to me, is that we insist on the preciousness of life regardless. Life and death have no innate value, they are what they are. I miss my mum, but her going was the one thing I could accept because it's a part of the whole. All that lives must die sooner or later. That he lived as well as he could is not a waste, he got to do many things some cannot.

A shame? Why. It means nothing to die young or old. One is no less a loss than the other. I have come near to death myself as a child and to be honest there have been many times when I wished I'd died instead of wasting my time and energy living a life I did not want.

Goodbye Heath Ledger, be at peace.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that isn't the case. According to local news in NYC, the cause is still inconlusive.

I have never been so moved by a performance as I was by his in Brokeback Mountain. The scene in Jack's room at the end was the most heartbreaking cinematic moment I think I have ever seen. Whatever the cause I hope he is at peace.

"It's hot ham water."
Nicki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I can see where you're coming from and agree, death is not the worst thing to happen to a person - try telling that to his wife and child. Be it accidental or delierate, death at a young age when you have family is tragic in my opinion
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darlings..methinks this conversation could carry on for years...

Saw the film last night with a pal...and we spoke of life and death...my attitude to the whole thing..l and d...has changed markedly over the years..

through experience...

had ma beloved mama died years and years back, I think perhaps I would have been far more something or other than when she actually did pass over. Simply because of certain experiences.

our journey here, whether one believes in any form of afterlife or not, is simply that....an individual journey...some have a journey that lasts a day or so...some have a journey that lasts longer...

as to 'waste' etc....however Heath Ledger died is simply that...and the challenge of those affected in any way by it is to accept it and take responsibility for their response...we cannot get inside anyone's head or spirit or ...........we can only journey our own journey...create our own screenplay with language for ourselves in relation to the language and storyline that is happening around us...'tis a challenge I agree Griffin...

methinks it's time for ..ah..the fingers have stopped typing...time for?

death stirs us
seems to force something deep at times
a spoon in our being
this death thing
a Heath spoon stirring many a being this day
we arrive
we do the other
we journey
from here to beyond beyond
for as long as it takes

hugs to ye all
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.smh.com.au/news/heath-ledger/softly-spoken-actor-promised-so-much/2008/01/25/1201157663318.html

a lovely article from today's Sydney Morning Herald

photo of Heath Neil and Abbie:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56855347.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DViewImages%26k%3D2%26d%3D17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A668F2C484F40B63E48BC3F87336C851A1&imgrefurl=http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx%3Fmid%3D56855347%26epmid%3D3%26partner%3DGoogle&h=421&w=594&sz=31&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=TjLCVMBJxQmINM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dneil%2Barmfield%2Bheath%2Bledger%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26sa%3DN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: