Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A Sad Loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabbles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: A Sad Loss Reply with quote

I have not been on the forums for a while. However reading the forums has given me some certainity as I face the tragic loss of my son-David. He was only 25 a wonderful muscian-composition major from Melbourne University.
In the last 2 years he has suffered unexplained seizures...the forums have given me an escape which is why I need to share this news.
On 21/12 he had a seizure and hit the bricks of the fireplace, I was airlifted to hospital with him....he passed away the next day. He donated his organs and we know a few now have a better life from this gift.
He spoke fluent french he had recorded Victor Hugo's poem about the loss of his daughter and had set it to music, we played it at his funeral. My younger son sang one of David's songs.
We are struggling with why!!
Food and cooking and our garden is our therapy-David loved food and was becoming a good cook
Thankyou for the support that you gave without knowing it.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my dear Karen, I'm so, so sorry to read of your tragic loss.

David will live in your hearts forever, but I know that it's only a small comfort when really, all you want is to have him back here with you. Such a sad, early end to a young man's life.

Take care of yourselves, be kind to yourself and come and visit us here whenever you can. I'm thinking of you and your family and sending warm thoughts to you all.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Barbara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabbles I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I send my love and thoughts to you. I can't imagine how awful it is to lose a child. But I imagine it must be the very worst pain one can suffer. This week my brother would have turned 60 had he not died in a car accident at 18. I can still remember my mothers pain on the morning we answered the door to hear the news. Hugs to you from Queensland.
David

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Kabbles, what a terrible, terrible loss. My heart goes out to you. Of all the platitudes poured out when my husband died--the only truism is that time indeed does heal, slowly for certain, but surely. As for looking for a "why" or a reason-----------well, there isn't one, it must be accepted as simple (and hardly) "It is."

And allow yourself to be angry, and allow yourself to be "selfish" and take some comfort in the gifts he passed along.
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kabbles, so young, so tragic. I share your grief. My husband died December 16. The holidays were tough to get through and the days are no longer sunny. I pray that time will help both of us.
georgia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my dears...Kabbles and Cigalechanta...the loss of a child or a loving spouse...words fail me, but David is eloquent...

My sincerest sympathies and kindest thoughts to you both...
Nicki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are with you both during this difficult time, and I hope that you find some comfort in the arms of your loved ones xx
Kabbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear David and cigalechanti I send my love and best wishes. Thankyou to all for your comfort and thoughts.
I will try and post some of David's beautiful songs this weekend so that you can share his beautiful soul.
David

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabbles!! That is a gorgeous idea---please do it, for yourself, for David and for all of us!
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kabbles,

Quote:
As for looking for a "why" or a reason-----------well, there isn't one, it must be accepted as simple (and hardly) "It is."

You had him around, you spent the good times with him too. Remember those most. Translating Victor Hugo's poems is very cool... and something I ought to do too! He left you something to remember him by. Memories, poems and music. As our David here says, there is no reason to why. One lives, one dies - one laughs, one cries. But you have him in your memories and there he lives still.

I remember my mother dying, but most of all I remember her sense of humour, the conversations we had and how much she loved Archy and Mehitabel, which I lent her while cancer devoured her.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darlin' kabbles..a gentle hug for your spirit...over and over again I'm reminded that we each have a take ...the only word I can think of at the moment...on life and death...when one feels a particularly deep connection with someone...child spouse pal....their leaving can rock us to our core...an emptiness without words ....and at the same time...the moments shared...I imagine, in time there will be moments when you'll catch yourself being a little lighter...at those times I also imagine your dearly beloved son smiling...at his wondrous mum...

that you've given us the opportunity to be with you...a gift for each of us...hoping you can feel the powerful energy of this forum...

love peace joy...I read somewhere that these are not emotions...they are the very depth of us....I rather like that idea...that we can tap into our depth....and at the same time understand and deeply accept that BEing human involves all the other...

another gentle hug...and the fuschias are doing well in the rain...I'll make a posey and have them on our table ...and think of you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: