Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in April - it's my turn!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes David, it was goood!!. Chez Michel is a Breton restaurant, I forgot to mention it. There were other strangely named dishes, but we arrived at 10/30 p.m. (after -theatre) and some of the dishes weren't available anymore. Still, I think that I might give this restaurant another chance, I liked it, my LA friend-less so.
I forgot to mention that, of course, we also stayed the obligatory half hour in line , together with mostly japanese tourist- at Laduree's in Rue Royale for the macarons. I prefer the Rue du Bac shop, it's much nicer and less touristic. I still think that Pierre Herme's macarons are better , though I don't really fancy his over-sweet and over priced gateaux. Well, life is difficult... Wink
When are you going to cross the ocean, dear David? And if in Europe, why not a "saut" over the Mare Nostrum to the Holy LAnd?? I promise you very very good food!!

No more war, what's wrong with a little peace, eh?
David

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Breton! I so much want to do a tour of Brittany and Normandy(probable ancestral home) before I enter my dottage! Might try for Europe this October, but only for a few days. A separate trip your way is percolating in my mind somewhere for sure. "Mare Nostrum"---haven't run across that in decades!!

And yeah, whats wrong with a little bit o' peace eh???
Karen1234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Paris in April Reply with quote

Judy, I will also be in Paris from the 10th thru the 17th
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy is the packing done? Has the countdown begun?
I'll bet you're a champion packer, now that I think of it. And traveler. But newbie Parisienne Wink
Just think, this time next year you can say "Last April, in Paris...."
ericajones80

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous!!!!! I'm patiently saving for a Paris trip in 2009 hopefully
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packed, gingerpale? Not yet. We fly out tomorrow, in about 16 hours, so there's still heaps of time Laughing

It's so easy to pack when all I really need to think about are a few clothes, a few presents and, most important, my reading matter for the next 3 weeks. It's harder to pack when we're taking a kayak, or a bike, or a few teenage boys and a ton of food.

We discovered that our upright freezer has died this morning, so I have just thrown out all the thawed contents. Thank goodness we found it before we left and not in 3 weeks' time. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, and at this stage I really don't care. I'll think about it when we get home.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I do like your attitude, and bon voyage!
Lady Amalthea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, April in Paris. I, too, am joining those Americans with the plummeting dollar in our lovely new green color. Perhaps I will make it to Paris with a new president? Though there is a chance I, too, will come in October.
Simone--I'm plotting coming to the Holy Land next winter, perhaps around January. I'll have two cousins living there then...will you feed me too or was that offer only for David? Smile
swan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing I have packed a stack of stroopwafels to bring as gifts after reading Clotildes post today. Just a few more nights, Judy and Debbie Smile!!
(and I won't tell about the other dutch goodies...Smile)
simona

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'll feed you too Lady A. Laughing I understand you are coming in october forthe autumn holidays, New Year and Succhot. Just announce yourself, I'll be happy to mett you!.
So , Luckt Parisian girls, when aare you going to meet? And don;t forget your camera, Like I did when meeting with Debbie in MArch!

No more war, more of those unpronounceable but delicious dutch cookies!!!
simona

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, October is Paris, January is Israel!! Welcome, anytime!!!

No more war
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand why it took me 47 years to visit this most beautiful city. Now I see why people love it so much and keep coming back here. It's amazing.

We only have a few days left before we fly home and there's still so much to see and do. We have done almost everything that was on my 'wishlist' - visit Pere Lachaise Cemetery and see Gertrude and Alice's grave, visit Giverny in Spring, eat real French macarons, eat the end off a warm baguette while strolling along a Parisian street, see Toulouse Lautrec's "In Bed" at the Musee d'Orsay.

On the spur of the moment very late last night, we hired a car and drove to the Anzac Day Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux. We knew Debbie and Wayne were planning to attend, but in the excitement of us going to and from the UK this week, we didn't really think about Anzac Day until the last minute and hadn't discussed it much with Debbie and Wayne.

We got to the Australian Memorial in the early hours of this morning, slept in the car for a couple of hours, then went to the service. There were about 5000 people there and we really didn't think we'd be able to find Debbie and Wayne, but as chance would have it, we stood right next to them at the service! An amazing coincidence. The service was excellent and we're so pleased we went.

I'll post some photos soon, I promise.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
gingerpale

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Judy your post made my day--it sounds like your trip was truly everything you wanted it to be. I remember you and Debbie writing about Anzac day here!
Pictures-- of course everyone will be dying to see!
David

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Jude---I'm so glad you two are having such a good time! It's always a concern that a place can be so overhyped it cannot help but let one down, but Paris cannot be overhyped!! Best to Greg!
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of us are eagerly awaiting some reports on the get together. Hope this time, there will be pictures. I remember last November when Debbie and I had our little get-together, neither one of us had a camera. The same happened when Debbie met Simona for lunch. Please tell me that's not a trend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: