Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Clotilde's melt in your mouth chocolate cake!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Clotilde's melt in your mouth chocolate cake! Reply with quote

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2003/10/meltinyourmouth_chocolate_cake.php
see the date!

this has become my cake of choice if I'm asked to make a cake...along with the richest cream you can find..and any berries...it's perfecto...

exquisitely rich....narrow slice or for those who can handle severe rich a little wider slice...surprising how many of the narrow slice folk return to the cake stand!

so dear chocolates, may I heartily recommend this recipe...

and again thank Clotilde for the post...

have been in Melb on joyous grandkiddy winkle time....my daughter in law's mother was dress shopping for a wedding...of course I'll come along...a fun day....somehow or other the subject of chocolate came up...I was able to write out the recipe for the woman who owned the shop...she was OBVIOUSLY a member of The International Chocolate Club..

so..the joy of that recipe travelling to here there and everywhere...

yesterday I'm surprised if you all didn't hear the ooooohs and aaaaaaaaahs from those experiencing the cake for the first time...we had blueberries and strawberries...all ages...all enjoyed...

it's a treat and a half...

yours in chocolate
msue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The treasures found in the archives! This is definitely on my to-do list for the weekend. Thanks for pointing out this fab recipe.

It surprises me that just a tablespoon of flour is needed to bind the other ingredients. I suppose that is one reason it is so rich - the chocolate is the star!

Yum!

(guess I won't be a narrow slice person)

Wink
TaraSmith08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing how wonderful this cake is, I actually am going to try it out tomorrow. I hope I will have great success!! Thanks for the information on this cake!
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame,

I have made this cake a couple of times and enjoyed it both times. Thanks to your reminder, it is time for another wonderful chocolate cake. I remember when Clotilde made it to take to her office - that's when she was still working and not a full-time writer. Time flies......

What could be better on a spring weekend than a melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cake? Merci, encore!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soon I'll be making this with my eyes shut!...one today for tomorrow's lunch with a French friend and her English husband....the cream of course 'n I thought maybe some thin peach slices...maybe warmed...

'n then another one during the week for my beloved nephew Sebastian...will wrap it firmly and send it overnight post...will see how it travels...

let us sing the praises of CHOCOLATE
msue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this last night, and we had some for a late afternoon treat this afternoon. WOW! We served it with a few sweet strawberries I found at the market this morning.

The chocolate is fabulous, and the amount of sweetness is just right. I left mine in the oven about 3 or 4 minutes longer than the recommended 25 minutes, and while the center was set (not the slightest tremble), it wasn't overdone at all. In fact, it was pretty darn perfect.

Thanks again, Madame, for pointing this recipe out.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msue...come on over and have lunch with us!...the dessert is ready...am going to ask Claudia to write something in French..to post after she tastes...I'll watch her face first...to see if the magic works...
msue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, you should know that it is a dangerous thing to invite me for lunch. I'm almost sure to arrive post haste with fork in one hand and a container in the other to sneak away some left overs!

Very Happy

I'm sure your friend Claudia will be enraptured by all you serve! Have fun!
Barbara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made this a number of times and agree it is delicious. It is a really easy cake to make. Madame try it with sliced mango. You won't need cream.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.32pm...just HAD to have a nap...you know when you simply cannot keep the eyes open...every so often I reach that stage...

ok...from the pen of Claudia Smile

Le gateau de Clotilde......que dire....divin, leger mais onctueux une vraie merveille.....

'n I'm not kidding...she, too, dot dot dots

further chocolate greetings
David

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean you are both dotty?? Very Happy
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed David we are!...you would both get on like a house on fire...you and Claudia...she's a darling darling darling ..
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I know..I doth rave...however ..each and every time I make this EVERYONE enjoys...

today 3 of the table of 8 were tasting it for the first time...there's some kind of magic to it....it is so so so chocolatey
David

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've added this delicacy to my (albeit limited) repertoire! Have made it twice now and marvel at the simplicityof it all. Marvelous with strawberries and ice cream!
rachael24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic...Looks like I know what Im having for dessert tomorrow night Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: