Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Restaurants in Marseille and Nantes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Restaurants in Marseille and Nantes Reply with quote

My travels in February will take me first to Marseille, and then to Nantes and up into Brittany (Brest area). Does anyone have any special recommendations for these areas?
jenanoelle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I can be of much help, since I don't know the names of the places, but there are lots of good things to eat around the vieux port area.. (1st arr.), 2 things that stuck out in my head as memorable were the "crepes arabes" these little.. they were yellow, and completely flat pieces of dough, with a filling of some sort of tomato-y sauce and hot onions.. quite tasty for a meal on the run, plus it's sort of part of the "culture" there, since there seem to be more arabian people than french in some places.. Smile

There were also these little bruschetta pizzas there.. about the size of an oval larger plate, they're sold in so many different varieties (I always used to get the vegetarian, til they discontinued it, it was quite good..) That's around vieux port, too.

(I feel horrible to not be able to give you the names of the places, I'll search, I promise!)

Lastly, there was a place called "pizza haiti", I believe, that had the best chocolate pizzas.. (chocolate pizzas, strawberries and cream pizzas, and of course, your typical 4 cheese and all that..)

Pizza Haiti - 4 traverse de la Trevaresse 13004 Marseille - 04 91 85 52 52

Then again, perhaps you're not in the mood for pizzas and things Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a wonderful Bouiliabaisse on the harbor at Chez Fon Fon.
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Nantes the beautiful "La Cigale."
MarkC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for their suggestions. I will report back upon my return. Jenanoelle, do not feel horrible, your description of the Marseille street food is very helpful, and I don't imagine that it varies much from one place to another. The yellow crepe you describe sounds a lot like the soca I tried in Nice, made of chick pea flour. Very delicious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: