Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

the five love languages quiz
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: the five love languages quiz Reply with quote

http://www.greaterquest.com/LoveLanguages.asp

This, dear pals, is fun AND illuminating...for one and old...I like the fact that anyone who understands the questions can do it...even the most introverted of souls...those who choose to live alone...the whole lot...imagine if we knew this about our children...newborn...

Feel free to post results...so we other forum folk will know Wink

I'll do a fresh test later today...see if ma scores have changed...

Some who do it are quite surprised by the results...

hugs as ever...close ones if you like the physical side of life...cyberspaced ones if not...
brighidsdaughter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll bite...here are my quiz results for all to see Very Happy They're fairly accurate, too, especially since some physical abilities I once took for granted are now a challenge.

Acts of Service - 8
Physical Touch - 7
Quality Time - 6
Words of Affirmation - 6
Receiving of Gifts - 3
nima

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm trying to ponder what this means, but here goes:

Quality Time 9
Physical Touch 9
Acts of Service 7
Words of Affirmation 5
Gifts 0

I wasn't sure when I took this initially that it signified much, but I'm reconsidering! Laughing Laughing Laughing
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should not be a surprise dear pals..to know that one's score can vary from day to day...or hour to hour...or golly for that matter from second to second..

9 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
4 Receiving of Gifts
5 Acts of Service
3 Physical Touch
Donna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's mine.

3 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
1 Receiving of Gifts
7 Acts of Service
11 Physical Touch

It was very interesting to me to see that gifts are not so important to me! Nor words. So, it's clear for me that actions truly do speak louder than words!

And I think, Madame, you are correct in that the score may be different from one day to the next.
woodstocker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, I shall pass this quiz on to some family members...but here are my results. Have to say they're quite accurate, as I'd rather have a thank-you hug than a thank-you card...

6 words of affirmation
6 quality time
2 receiving of gifts
4 acts of service
12 physical touch
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine taken first thing in the morning

6 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
4 Receiving of Gifts
7 Acts of Service
2 Physical Touch
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three tied:

8 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
4 Receiving of Gifts
2 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a big 12 for physical touch and everything else pretty evenly divided. All these years settling for hugs when I could have been asking for cash and candy--oh well.
Madame, you often give us hugs online, but you (and Barbara) seem to need few in return.. strange, huh?

Nima--gifts "zero"? Can't you think of anything you'd rather have than a long walk? Wink
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale..our daughter scored zero with physical...no surprises there..she likes her own space...since she was born methinks Wink ...often as a child she would go to her room...tiny child..to sit on the bed and read and wonder...didn't need all the physical stuff that is presumed...

so...real or cyberspaced hugs on their way to you Wink
nima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale, I know!!! Very Happy Very Happy I can understand some people not attaching too much significance to giving, but zero!?!?! I agree, it's almost disturbing. I'll have to think about it. As far as I can tell, I do like receiving things from loved ones. I've always loved the gift-exchange part of holidays, even though we are told that it's too commercial and superficial. But I guess the questions had you choose what you *prefer* in which case it might be affirmation of another kind.

Food for thought I know. Confused
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerpale I was surpprised at the low level of physical touch required by me. Yet I'm a big hugger of people. Like Madame is too. Perhaps I just feel so loved it isn't important. What I did find interesting was my high score in quality time. Easily explained as I face an uncertain future and spending time with my family and friends is uppermost in my mind always. Building memories I say to Bryan as I suggest things to do together. I must say it is proving to be a great way to live life. We have had some great adventures the last couple of years.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting survey.... I scored

5 affirmation
9 quality time
0 gifts
7 service
9 touch

The gift part is true for me now. Before I met my husband I thought that a bunch of flowers, box of chocs, etc etc equalled affection etc for birthdays and any other occassion. Then I married a man who did not celebrate birthdays, christmas or any occassion at all.......... He has relaxed a bit now and I do get lovely presents (and always have done) for no reason at all, which I think is best. Shows that you were thought of at some stage of their day.

Having said that, I love getting gifts - but do not expect them. Good time to put in the thanks for the lovely books I received this week.... you know who you are, and thank you very very much!!! Such generous ladies.

Quality time is important to me as my husband travels so much for work (every week at least overnight - plus extended trips every few weeks). Touch as well for the same reason I think.... although the cat loves the attention that he gets when Wayne is away Laughing

We believe strongly in talking to each other and talk every day even when he is away. Also in telling each other how we feel and in telling our family and friends our feelings towards them. I think it is important to do things for others, just because you can. So acts of service I am not suprised at seeing so highly rated.
srk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, Madame - it was indeed interesting. Mine are:

7 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving of Gifts
6 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch

In light of the fact that my current relationship is long-term and long-distance (3000 miles, but I'm moving there in a few months!), I can certainly see why I value time, words, and touch so highly - most of our communication is verbal, and both time and touch are rare and precious. "Service" is a slightly distasteful concept; I want an equal, not a slave, but I do also want someone who will help me if I need it (and of course I will reciprocate).

Gingerpale and Nema, gifts are a funny thing to me. If you expect and don't receive, you're disappointed. If you don't expect and do receive, it can be quite exciting, but you run the risk of feeling beholden, or obligated to reciprocate. And, quite frankly, anyone can give you a necklace, but how many of them can say they love you and really, truly mean it? I'd rather wear the smile of someone who knows they're loved than the necklace of someone who doesn't.
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't do falling in love any more, but if I did, this apparently would be me;

Score Love Language
6 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
3 Receiving of Gifts
2 Acts of Service
10 Physical Touch

I suppose the physical contact is what I miss most. But fortunately I have friends and my will is very strong... except where books, chocs and shoes are concerned obviously! I do love being hugged by friends. It's like being surrounded by their warmth of feeling as much as their arms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: