Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Nick Cave ..Into My Arms...live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Nick Cave ..Into My Arms...live Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0-cncMpt8

Recently saw an exhibition on Mr Cave..

Could listen to this for 7 centuries..and still be ready for another 7...music that visits my soul...

While in Germany he gave a 48 minute talk on The Love Song...at the exhibition there were headphones where you could listen..I snatched a chair from the theatrette...(don't worry..there were plenty available!)..sat and listened to this amazing soul talk about the love song...tears...

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-Love-Song-Flesh/dp/B00004TBX7

one of the reviews:
even if he hadn't already produced some of the most disturbingly/hauntingly/terrifyingly beautiful words ever too be set to paper or music - listen to this and then press repeat - the most complete religious viewpoint to emerge from the melee known an popular music in many a decade

by the time I left the exhibition I felt I'd been to heaven and hell at the same time...

am writing this with Into My Arms playing...

He heard a publisher wanted authors to write introductions to various books of the bible..he was interested and asked if all the gospels were taken...he was surprised to be told they were all available..he'd take Mark thank you very much...feels Mark wrote like a child..this happened and that happened and then this and then that...

handwritten notes to read...I seemed to actually touch the ink...through the glass cabinet...he was writing in a place 'that catered for those of us who have swum too many laps of the abyss'...can you even imagine a more spot on description of those moments...

alongside this ..in the next glass section was...wait for it...the handwritten screenplay of The Proposition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there there there were the words the magical Ray Winstone spoke to Guy Pearce...how did I not faint..me who drinks in the tangible and the other..

by golly..you've read to the end...!

hugs...and shall we clink glasses ....to folk such as Nick Cave who gift us with wonder...reminding us of wonderment and all its complexity...
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, heh... Ray Winstone... In the late 1970s a very young Ray Winstone played Will Scarlet in Robin Hood. He wasn't the star but was the only one who went on to become one. That Robin Hood was Michael Praed - one of the best Robin Hoods I've seen on tv. Even better than the new 21st century one. He was in the series for a while and then Jason Connery took over. Connery tho' was blonde and somehow wasn't quite Robin Hood. A fine and competent actor like his old dad, but not quite Robin Hood.

Now Nick Cave... he'd be a great Robin Hood!! Robin Hood and the Bad Seeds perhaps!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: