Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Again and again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harpospeaking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Again and again Reply with quote

When it comes to traveling, what place do you find yourself returning to again and again? Year after year, you can't avoid traveling back to this place. It can be near or far --- just tell us what keeps you coming back.

For me, it's Japan. Although I've been raised here in the States all my life, I feel very much at home in Japan. There's something about the food, the culture and the natural beauty of the place that feel like home.

This year, I was planning a trip to France in the Fall but I am so tempted to go back to Japan instead. Decisions, decisions.

http://onegirlonehouse.wordpress.com
emilyj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic! For me it's Vietnam, particularly Hanoi where I studied for a couple of semesters. While I was living there I travelled around the North but didn't go to the centre or South of the country. My last trip was in 2005 and I went to Hanoi first and then got on the train to Hoi An and then Ho Chi Minh- so beautiful with all the rice paddies and mountain passes. But still I want more, I am planning to go back there on my way to London in August so that I can go to the the Northern and Central highlands I'm just addicted.

I know what you mean harpospeaking, I want to go to Africa and South America but for some reason as soon as I save up the money for a trip I just can't stop myself going back to Vietnam again. Some places just get under your skin I guess.
shelledone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern England. It's not flashy, but I just love it.

Especially the Lake District. Lots of nice manageable mountains (up and down in half a day) and how many National Parks in the States have bars so considerately nestled right at the trailheads? Definitely an aspect of globalization we should look in to...
bainst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was stationed in Germany, I would always find myself in France. Each region or city I went to was unique and lovely. From the very German Strausbourg, the bubbly Reims, the fabulous Place Stanislas in Nancy, and the haunting beaches in Normandy, it was always wonderful. From the history, the art, and of course, food and wine, I have nothing but wonderful memories. Especially of the biggie, Paris.
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are wearing your own desire paths!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Australian Outback - any Aussie desert will do. I love all the ones I've been to, travelled across, camped on and spent time in so far, and can't wait to see the rest.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of North America, nowhere. It would be France if certain circumstances had been different, but other than that we fight the urge to repeat visit at least until we've seen a bit more of the world.

Inside North America, hands down it would have to be Vancouver B.C. I've visited there all my life, whether it was for family, Expo, a lower drinking age, or a girls weekend. My favorite reason is for a relaxing weekend with my husband. We stay at our fave boutique hotel, shop, relax and eat amazing Indian food and soak ourselves with Okanagan wine. Ahh. . . Canada.

"It's hot ham water."
David

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Midi, the south of France sings it's siren song to me. The food, the history, the blood soaked earthiness of the terrain, the light. And not the beaches but the backroads and the hills. For a land that has been settled and cultivated for millenia it retains an amazing wild quality.

Now Erin-----I really want to hear all about your days as an underaged border crossing alkie!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: