Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Beef Bourguignon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La NiƱa del pimiento

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Beef Bourguignon Reply with quote

I was not sure if anyone had a thread going on the beef bourguignon recipe from the book, but I made it a few weeks ago and it turned out absolutely wonderful! I was not planning on cooking the usual Sunday dinner for my boyfriend and his family, but when it was decided that I would cook, I put this together. I'll admit I did not marinate for the whole 12 hours (only about 5 hours) and I cooked it the day of....it was still amazing! Although I'll admit that the leftovers for lunch the next day were even better.

The reason I love this recipe so much was how wonderful all of the raw vegetables, herbs, meat, and wine smelled just marinating together. It was very simple and so wonderful!
Jennifer K

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend, I also made Clotilde's beef bourguignon. It was my first time attempting beef bourguignon, and it turned out great. The sauce was just the right consistency for mopping up with a piece of bread! I didn't have any chocolate, so I added a bit of brown sugar to the stew. I meant to take some pictures, but didn't manage to, heh.
TsarinaTinto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: If you liked this.... Reply with quote

Then you would probably enjoy the Flemish beef Carbonades - I made both recipes this week and thoroughly enjoyed both. Even though I shortened the Carbonade cook time to 90 minutes (it was getting late), the beef just melts away.

US/Canada beer recommendation for this - Trois Pistoles which is a UniBroue ale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: