Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Customer Service Rant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on the sales end of retail, so - no matter how irritated I feel with the clerk - I try very hard to remain polite and understanding. If I feel that despite my best efforts, we are not making progress, I may ask for a manager. And I agree with KYH again, because I think most often the problem comes because the employees often don't know much about what they are selling. (God save me from Home Depot - where I seem to know more about certain aspects of home repair and hardware than most of the sales force.)

Gingerpale, you've analyzed things to a fare thee well - in your inimitable way! You're way ahead of me! I know it costs me extra to buy local, but it seems like a small assault on the homogenization of the world and a way to get the customer service I like.
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The girl selling guns at Walmart today was selling ladies undies yesterday---and doesn't understand either product line.

Yikes! KYH, if the girls don't understand ladies undies... they are in serious trouble!!!! Shocked

Selling guns at Walmart - just sounds so alien to a Brit. I couldn't even imagine going to a supermarket if they did sell guns. Different way of looking at things I suppose.

I agree that I want at least some expertise from the sales people when I buy something. Collecting high street costume/clothing I have been into womenswear shops and explained my collection to find excitement and a desire to help from sales staff. Can't complain there.

Mostly it's places that look fab and then have dreadful product - restaurants here for example!! The few I've been in vary, but the truly dreadful ones seem to have put all their time and money into how the place looks rather than the food.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating thread. Donna, when I started reading KYH's initial post my first thought was 'They aren't following the Nordstrom approach to CS'. Now, I'm on the other side of the world and have never set foot in a Nordstrom store, but I know and follow their approach to customer service.

What a frustrating experience you have described, KYH. But you know what I say these days when I get less than satisfactory CS?

Don't get mad, get blogging!

So then the world finds out.

As some of you know, I run a small online bookstore. Whenever I email a customer to let them know I have posted their order, I add that if they have any problems with their purchase to let me know, but that if they are happy with their purchase, to please let their friends know!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: