Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Introductions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdillsmith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Introductions Reply with quote

Hi-

I just found this website last week and it looks like a great resource. One thing I didn't see was any place to introduce yourself (if there is, then never mind). I think it would be nice if new members could give short intro about themselves as way of introduction to the other members. For example, I'm currently 30 something, married, living in the US, and cooking and travel are my two biggest hobbies. I also love chocolate, particularly Belgian (Leonidas). Zucchini on the other hand, well, I like zucchini bread, but it doesn't exactly compare to chocolate truffles, at least for me.

Thanks,

Bill
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bill-- thank you and consider yourself introduced!

When you say this place "looks like a great resource" you are right. I think that both the Chocolate and Zucchini recipe index and the forums are brimming with keeper/killer "recettes".
David

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea Bill! Many have introduced themselves hither and thither throughout the fora, but I don't think we've ever had one particular place to do such. What do you think Clotilde and moderators?
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea - thanks for the suggestion, Bill. And welcome.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chocolate-coated welcome Bill...a lovely idea...

Clotilde..perhaps there could be a stand alone thread..perhaps under the other things one...

love it when someone discovers C&Z!
Knifethrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to you, Bill! I'm sure you'll get as much delight out of this forum as we all have.

I, too would like to read a tad more from the collective- what a smashing idea!
David

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I may as well get this going! All the old timers on here know me so they can skip this but here goes.

I am a 56 year old bookseller living in Ottawa, Canada's fair and lovely capital city. I love cooking, eating, travelling, reading and playing golf poorly. After a year of mourning the loss of my husband I am currently
dating a beautiful man named Ben. I have lived in Canada, the U.S., Australia and the Cayman Islands and have worked variously as a waiter, teacher, market researcher, labourer and registered nurse. And I hale from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan!
Knifethrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am about to turn 40 (!!) and I have been in medicine for the past 20+ years, the last 10 in an operating room as a technician. I live in beautiful Oregon partly because of the mild climate but more for the produce, scenery and funky vibes in the Portland community. Our motto: "Keep Portland Weird".

I am engaged to marry the coolest guy I know (someday- no rush, we're saving for it). We've both been over a pretty fair amount of the planet, but ache to see more. A career change is in my near future, which might allow for the luxury of a beat-up passport someday.

Nice to meet you!

Last edited by Knifethrower on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jennifer K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a French-to-English translator. Two months ago I moved from Berkeley CA to France, where I will stay for a year. I have lived in London, Edinburgh and Stony Brook NY (where I went to grad school). I also lived in Paris many moons ago when I was an au pair.

I have worked in both the Traverse Theatre and Royal Lyceum Theatre in Edinburgh, as a tech writer for IBM and one day at a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). I like old movies, cooking, reading and walking aimlessly around Paris.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you already know me, but for our new members or in case you missed something ...

I quit my nursing job a couple of years ago to concentrate on online book retailing and haven't regretted it for a second. My partner Greg is also an online seller - he sells audiobooks. We have 2 teenage sons. We travel a lot and have been really lucky to have met a few C&Z members on our travels.

I live in Adelaide, Australia and if anyone is planning a trip to Australia, make sure you include a visit to Adelaide in your itinerary - there are plenty of great wineries, good food and excellent places to eat here.

Lovely to meet you all, please step up and introduce yourselves.

PS David, what lovely news, I'm thrilled for you.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Happily retired ("0" for Operator), living in Salt Lake City (nice view, the Wasatch mountains).

Almost five times older than the # of eggs in a dozen, but not quite.

Pretty much never on the cutting edge of anything culinary, but always interested. Not happy unless I cook *something* every day.

Quite interested in politics (especially now the US presidential race) even the silly stuff.

Adore the Internet, spend way too much time here! No, spend exactly the right amount of time here.

Crazy about dogs!
melinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm originally from new orleans, transplanted to richmond, VA when i married a native.....spend 3-4 months of summer in the woods of western north carolina (but we've moved into the 21st century finally and have dish tv to replace the 2 channels we used to get and even have moved on from dial-up internet.....it is out in the woods, after all) Next summer the big 60 b'day (i don't mind celebratin) My husband is a nurse, my son is about to finish nursing school and my daughter just married a parisian (my wildest dreams have come true.....i am really connected to my favorite place)

have 2 cats (i have had to put 3 pets down this summer....my 20 yr old schnoodle, a 15 yr old cat & a 16 yr old mini dachshund, and i haven't been dogless in 40 years!)

love to cook.....seafood....a lot of ethnic/spicy food (trying not to bake as much due to caloric content....no willpower so if it's there i'll eat it)

note to David: YAY, is that the guy of the duck dinner you were planning??? Am so happy for you.
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very nearly 45 (in November... but I can wait), originally from Sussex in the south of Britain, uprooted and transplanted at the beginning of the century to Loughborough in the county of Leicestershire. I was trained up to do curatorial work with art and costume collections and collect British high street womenswear (mainly shoes and dresses). I also have small collections of British craft ceramics and glass as well as antiquarian books.

I am addicted to books, chocs and shoes and have - online at least, often been mistaken for female, which has pleased me no end! I'm single and intend to stay that way. I write creatively and have done for over 25 years. Haven't published a word and proud of it!

I like to cook tho' I am strictly an amateur compared to some of the people here. I love to try things out, but prefer simplicity in cooking... mostly because that way I may have a chance at making it!

I have alas, been cat-less since 1997, but am cat-ful by proxy thanks to a wonderful blog [url]wethreecats.blogspot.com[/url] which is written by the illustrator Jackie Morris who lives in Pembrokeshire in the west of Britain - a lovely part of the country by the sea... and where the cats walk.

Dating David! Go get 'im, tiger!
vickyc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Hello from San Francisco Bay Area Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been a big fan of Chocolate & Zucchini for a couple years and saw Clotilde in SF on her most recent book tour. What a great idea for this forum!

I'm originally from Oakland (CA) and have lived here in the Bay Area for most of my life. (I had a brief stint in Idaho which I prefer not to think about). I became interested in food and cooking in my late 20s and have always loved baking especially.

I am a returning student with an English major as of now because I want to write, but I am open to any changes that come my way. I am thoroughly enjoying my time in school and feel very fortunate to have this opportunity relatively later in life (I am 43).

My hobbies are: reading, writing, gardening, cooking/baking. I have two black cats that are my absolute joy in life and they know it.

So hello everyone!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a 29 year old woman who has not yet mastered the art of the bio. But rest assured, I am pretty fabulous. . . and full of sarcasm.

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: